This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy Policy

I'm being inundated at the moment with emails drawing my attention to the Privacy Policies of various organisations to which I subscribe. Nothing from GYO though - and I don't know whether there should be?

There is a link to the GYO Privacy Policy below the Aceville contact address on the main Forum page and should be read by everyone here.

Perhaps Admin could clarify whether this Privacy Policy is up to date?
    Thank you.

I've just cc'd this onto the main Admin board for you .
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I hate to say it but Admin aren't exactly pro active sometimes hardly re active
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

General Data Protection Regulation is being changed by 25th May 2018. So if anyone is getting 'GDPR' popping up then this is what it is on about.

Comment

GDPR is coming but it depends how people use your details as to whether you need to opt in in near future or not. If your details are being used for marketing purposes you'll need to opt in for them to continue. It's basically legislation to try and kerb data harvesting and spamming as I understand it.

Comment

GSRP is a good idea but It will not stop the PPI and You Were In a Recent Car Accident Calls and I get emails from people wanting to sell me data all the time, it's not going to stop them now is it. You are not telling that government are going to destroy all the personal information they have been harvesting the population over the years.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Big Brother is even worse than Orwell's predictions

Comment

I'm up to my ears with GDPR at the moment as I'm a data controller in my work. It's still a pretty loose piece of legislation - it's doesn't really change anything for us - we just have to justify more - but data is still shared.

Comment

We're the same Bacchus, my practice manager is stressing out about it but I keep mentioning that as we only contact pts regarding appointments and unpaid bills (I'm a dentist) and we never do any contact for marketing purposes and don't pass on data except for medical referral that nothing will really change.

Comment

there'd be much more big brother without data protection regulations.

problem is that the spammers will carry on spamming as they don't act within the law anyway.

I'm not sure there's any need for the website to do anything, unless our real identities are linked to our web names.

Comment

I receive emails from Aceville with links to the forum and special offers too so my email address is being used. There is an "unsubscribe" option in the email.

Comment

This morning, I received an Aceville special offer (email) to receive free copies of a Teach secondary magazine - I know I've unsubscribed from these previously as I haven't the slightest interest in school education.

However, nothing from Aceville asking about my contact preferences for GDPR.
                        Other organisations are filling up my inbox and letterbox asking for my contact preferences. Can't help feeling that Aceville should be asking the questions too.

Admin, what do you think please? Don't want you to be breaking the law after 25th May.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                          You are not telling that government are going to destroy all the personal information they have been harvesting the population over the years.
                          As long as they don't sell it/show it to anyone else, it is covered by the legislation, isn't it? - well that is how I understand it anyway

Comment

gdpr rules will also apply to allotment associations - assuming they keep membership details... so we'll be doing a consent form for members to sign etc... meh
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

We are assuming that as we only use the contact list to send out newsletters they personally signed up for, that there isn't a problem? Is this not the case, Baldy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X