August Issue.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
    Congrats Two Sheds on your advice in August magazine.
    Originally posted by teamladd View Post
    Two_Sheds how did you get vouchers?
    see above
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I see it not Two-Sheds! Well done!
      I hate slugs!!

Comment

Originally posted by basketcase View Post
        Mine's apparently Ashington 136.89 miles from Aberdeen, which is even less free.

And as for the poor souls in Orkney and Shetland...

Okay you beat my distance as I am only 48 miles away from the nearest store. *chuckle* guess I'll just have to miss out on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
          i've somehow managed to be sent the august issue before i've received the july issue.. i signed up for the 3 for a £1 offer and asked for it to begin in july.. oh well at least i'll know what everyone is on about when they start discussing what's in the august issue
          Me too ckfe - I think it means you get the Aug issue, but so you are prepared for the month ahead they send it out in July. I thought I would RECEIVE my first issue in July too! Great mag all the same

Comment

Ooh! Forgot to say, I got my free watering can today! Had to make a trip to another town (Letchworth) about 10miles away? Got a plastic soil riddle too! & picked up some gardening goodies in Poundstretcher (& tried to ignore the seeds!) - all in all a good day out!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              zaaen! I got the 10ltr one £2.99! The 6.5ltr in the store was kind of square shaped - not like the round one on voucher.

Ooops! The shop assistant didn't notice either! I had a GREAT day out!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
                zaaen! I got the 10ltr one £2.99! The 6.5ltr in the store was kind of square shaped - not like the round one on voucher.

Ooops! The shop assistant didn't notice either! I had a GREAT day out!
                For once I got a check out lady there that was on the ball....well done you!!!

Comment

I saw in the supermarket that this months issue has an offer for a free jenny kiwi on but don't remember this offer with the copy I got through the post, is it just me?

I was planning on getting a kiwi fruit any way so would really like a 'free' one!
                  www.alifelesssimple.wordpress.com Up-dated Regularly

Biodynamic grower in training

Comment

Hi Folks
                    Went to our local Wilkinsons store yesterday and they had loads of the Tomato feed from last months issue and loads of watering cans as well.
                    When i took the vouchers to the till nobody new anything about them they had to call out the manager who went and made a phonecall to check up.
                    There must not be anyone else in the Blackpool/Cleveleys area that uses the vouchers.
                    Looks like i won't have problems getting items with vouchers
                    Cheers .... John

Web link to our Allotment website http://lawsonsallotment.btck.co.uk/

PS my plot is 9 shown on the Plot Holders Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      Yes, I had that argument today.

They don't do a 6.5 litre can in that brand, only a 9 litre one. They wouldn't let me have it either!
                      I had to do with the cheapo Wilkinson brand one, but hey it was free
                      Whereas I went up to the counter with the cheapo 6.5 litre can, and they said 'oh, that's not the same as the picture, go back and get the other one' and so I got the 9l one with the handle over the top. Oh well, it cost them another £1. And it clearly beneftis them because from just going in to get the watering can and tomato feed, I came out having spent £30...
                      Have a look at my allotment blog

Comment

Originally posted by jenjen View Post
                        Whereas I went up to the counter with the cheapo 6.5 litre can, and they said 'oh, that's not the same as the picture, go back and get the other one' and so I got the 9l one
                        That's what I hoped would happen.
                        Then I was going to exchange it for two of the cheapo ones
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          That's what I hoped would happen.
                          Then I was going to exchange it for two of the cheapo ones
                          lol i like the way your mind works TS

Comment

Sadly my nearest stroe is 170miles away! Apparently we don't need wateringcans in the North of Scotland!

Comment

Originally posted by Panda View Post
                              Sadly my nearest stroe is 170miles away! Apparently we don't need wateringcans in the North of Scotland!
                              Well, in normal years, they may have a point...

Comment

Only one store in Scotland - Motherwell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X