This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Thompson & Morgan with caution

I am just passing on some info I’ve picked up, thought it would be useful for people to be aware when they are making shopping choices.

I came across a very recent article in the Guardian online when the consumer affairs corespondent has looked into a readers difficulties with missing orders from Thompson & Morgan.

I’ve included a screenshot of the short article below....

I have a missing plant order a month overdue now with Van Meuwen, which is the cheaper half of Thompson & Morgan, I’m waiting for them to reply to my email.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	88E7F4BD-3687-432C-8F91-1BA50CD992F8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	2383133
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Seasprout, the alarm has already been sounded by Snoop Puss.
      I've merged your threads.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Seasprout, the alarm has already been sounded by Snoop Puss.
        I've merged your threads.
        Thanks Veggiechicken, I actually did a search for any latest T&M threads and non-popped up, so that’s why I posted....

Comment

I ordered some flower plug plants earlier this year and they have been delivered, and to be honest I would have been happy if they had been a bit later as I am struggling for space, some of the plants I ordered were fuchsia and at the price I would have preferred them a wee bit bigger, but the appear good quality, will let you know how the grow
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
            I'm a big Fan of T&M and they've never let me down to date. They've been big supporters of the vine over the years as well . I'm waiting on a seed order from them but it was only placed last week so not expecting it yet anyway.
            Well famous last words from me. My seed order never materialised despite receiving an email from them on 25th April saying my order has b een despatched. I've today cancelled my order and asked that my Paypal account be refunded.

So disappointed with them after a good relationship over a number of years.

Comment

^That's really frustrating, especially at this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                I ordered some flower plug plants earlier this year and they have been delivered, and the appear good quality, will let you know how the grow
                Twenty odd fuchsia in the greenhouse five of the from T&M and have lost two of the five don't know what went wrong as they are all grown together, now monitoring closely the remaining three
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

My raspberry came last week, looks like a good plant. I'm not expecting fruit this year anyway, so I wasn't needing it to come quickly. There was a sheet of paper in with the plant apologising for delayed deliveries and saying they were having problems with a new computer system. Computers - fantastic when they work....!
                  Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    ^That's really frustrating, especially at this time of year.
                    indeed Snoop. order included French Marigold seed variety Colossus which I normally grow along with my tomatoes to deter whitefly. I've had to buy because it's now so late in the season.

Comment

Well I agreed with and 'liked' AP's first post in the thread. Touch wood I have had no problems with them apart from my £10 Charlotte Russe 'stick' which may miraculously start growing eventually
                      If it doesn't, they will be getting an email.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Bleaugh....

Well my fuchsia plug plants finally arrived, they are really small and squashed. Not a lot of expectation from them. A lesson learned.

I looked at some trust pilot reviews and the company has more negative reviews than any other level. All unhappy people complaining about plant quality, customer service and being ignored.

Something seriously going wrong with this company.

Comment

Has it ever been any different? I'm usually disappointed with their plants - especially their plugs. Their version of Jumbo plugs is a bit different to mine.

Comment

My osteospermum Snow Pixie plugs were great and so is my raspberry Ruby Beauty, all growing on beautifully too. Sounds like their problem is consistency. You absolutely have to rely on plants or seeds to arrive at the right time of the gardening year, and if they can't sort that their customers will vote with their feet.
                            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

In the distant past they used to be a good and reliable company (albeit a bit expensive) but I thought you got what you paid for. The last time I ordered something from them was years ago (can't remember what it was but don't think it did very well) and I also got a discounted / free pack of about 20 Bizzie Lizzies which were tiny little plugs that looked like someone had stepped on them so I'll never ever buy from them again. I'm still getting emails nearly every day for so-called special offers that are probably the left-overs that someone dumped on their compost heap in mistake. T.M. means time to move if you want quality plants.
                              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Had some major problems with T&M this year. New ordering system put in and then they merged my order with some one else. So I was getting all the emails etc and they were getting all the plants! it took them 3 1/2 months and many emails etc to get it sorted.

My advice, don't email any complaints. They are so busy it takes them over a month to finally reply if they do at all. Still waiting for a response to an email sent on the 27th of April.

Try calling if you have free minutes on your phone, at over 35p a minute they keep you hanging on for 5 minutes working your way through an automated system before you get to a human. That said I got a very helpful chap who had worked in bank fraud office who was positively shocked, could have been the mention of the GDPR ombudsman that did it though.

It was not the original problem that I was so annoyed about but the frustration in trying to get it sorted.

Good news is after pointing out to the this was a serious GDPR issue they sent me out my whole order, refund for some of it and a £20 voucher if I feel brave enough to try again.

High blood pressure versus free stuff?
                                V.P.
                                The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X