Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently had a disappointing experience, I ordered a variety of plugs, one of which turned up with all 10 dead, yellow/brown in colour, leaves falling off etc, I called T&M and they blamed royal mail for taking so long to deliver and they replaced them. 2 fruit bushes and 10 different plugs I ordered were then delivered in poor state but these have seemed to recover well. Finally 15 sweetcorn plugs arrived after over a month, 2 of which had completely snapped. In future I think I will stick to local garden centers, they work out more expensive but less hassle.

Comment

New Reader Experience

Hi everyone my name is Minty, I’m a new reader and wanted to share my experience so far.

This first issue I bought was the one with the 2 free Blueberry plants from Thompson and Morgan on the front cover. Wow, I thought what a great offer – I love Blueberries.
      So I went ahead and ordered the free plants. I’m glad to say the plants arrived on time, and sadly that’s where the fun ended.
      When the plants arrived they looked awful, Very weak and spindly. Nearly all the leaves have what appears to be pest damage, A lot of brown dry leaves with lacerations everywhere. Both plants had flowers on them and one even had some small fruit.
      Hmm, I thought not so good...

I contacted Thompson and Morgan via email and attached some photos of the damage. I received an automatic reply telling me to wait 14 days for a human to reply. 14 days elapsed and no reply from T&M.

So I ran a quick google to find reviews for T&M. Oh’ Lordy, I can’t believe what I’m reading not only on once review site but many. There are lots of unhappy customers who are all saying the same thing that T&M never reply to customer service email.

Right oh’. Glad I paid via PayPal. So I popped over to PayPal and opened a dispute in their resolution centre. I sent Thompson and Morgan another email via PayPal and guess what! Yep that’s right they didn’t reply. I have now escalated the issue for PayPal to review.

I wanted to let the magazine community know because I think the way T&M treat their customers reflects very badly on the magazine. I mean you are promoting them centre stage on the front cover – guilty by association I’m afraid.
      I also see on this forum that other readers are having issues with the same offer.

I was hoping to choose a new subscription for fathers day. I have been torn between this otherwise great mag and a different one.

At the moment I’m not sure which way to go. I don’t have confidence in T&M to order from them again, and feel I’d be missing out on reader offers if I had a sub.

Perhaps it’s time for the magazine to review it’s promotional partners.

Best wishes

Minty.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X