No announcement yet.

Stopping Cats Messing!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't you need a washer or some such between the bamboo and the split cane? The netting, while fine, looks to have holes larger than the average bamboo.

Though having said that - my enviromesh is finer than either a bamboo or a split cane.......

Sounds like and experiment coming on.......

Terry
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

we've recently tried (read it in a magazine somewhere) a couple of drops of olbas oil on old teabags. the pungent smell, as other people have mentioned, should keep the cats away, and i suppose the teabags are used as they absorb the oil, as well as being dark brown (not too much of an eyesore) and organic (so hopefully would rot down eventually).
      i'll post back if we see any significant improvement.

Comment

Chili powder - the only method i use. If the cats lick their fur after doing their business, they get a burnt tongue. They then associate this with the place they messed and don't come back. Obviously if it rains it needs to be topped up, and i sprinkle it every month or so during spring/summer. Try it.
        Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

Best way I have found over the years of deterring cats is to liberally sprinkle access points of veggie beds with dried spiny holly leaves ... trouble is nothing hurts more when you are hand weeding than one of these little horrors lodging itself in your finger ... still they make cats move on pretty fast ... to someone elses veggie beds ...
          peace of mind ... work the land ... connect with nature ... simple

Comment

try mouse traps that does the trick gives you a good laugh too. my next door nyeghbour has a cat if she sees it squatting she runs out and shoo's it out of her garden responsible owners i think not (kill all cats)

Comment

or a shotgun ......
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                or a shotgun ......
                Ahh....the old 'putting a tiny piece of lead in the ear' trick?
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ahh....the old 'putting a tiny piece of lead in the ear' trick?
                  are you sure it was the ear you aimed at

Comment

Hi,

I've heard that used tea bags sprayed with one of those menthol type sprays, the ones that supposedly soothe aching muscles, work a treat. If you don't mind the smell, maybe the tea bags are less unsightly that more obvious barriers. Not sure about the chemicals in them when the tea bags decompose though.
                    Good luck.
                    Beth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X