Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So far...this , for me, is the year of the......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

............Blackfly!
    Saw some on one of the Broad beans so nipped the growing tip off. The other Broadies were clean but for how long?
    Also blackfly on a non-fruiting cherry tree (non-fruiting because its been cut down to a stump!). The leaves are curled and full of blackfly.

Now for the good news - there are lots of ladybirds around

Comment

Well incase anyone thought I was lying about aphids being a pest this year.....

They now come in XXL why is nothing eating them
      Attached Files

Comment

My PSB had aphids in January!

Comment

Aphids on allsorts,,,what do you all do to get rid of them, apart from wait for ladybirds?
          ''I've left all my belongings on the side of the road and i'm hoping my mind can be free.'' --- Hanami - Bolesworth Blues

http://www.hanamimusic.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by AvidNewBee View Post
            Aphids on allsorts,,,what do you all do to get rid of them, apart from wait for ladybirds?
            Could try with a mild soft-soap solution and if that fails progress to using neem.

So far this year for probably everyone on our lotty site it's been flea beetle, mealy aphid, bean weevil, slugs and allium leaf miner.
            I'm changing tac and heading towards no dig to try restore a better balance with more predators.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Tongue in cheek, not too much up to press, yeah a lot more slimmies than normal which just keep getting flying lessons, but "Whitefly" is my bind, only on the 3 over wintered Chillies, as much as I sqiurt em, squash em, flick em, they just keep comming back, maybe this overwintering Jobbie just ain't for me!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                Could try with a mild soft-soap solution and if that fails progress to using neem.

So far this year for probably everyone on our lotty site it's been flea beetle, mealy aphid, bean weevil, slugs and allium leaf miner.
                I'm changing tac and heading towards no dig to try restore a better balance with more predators.

Thank you Mr Bones, I will try the soft soap solution and if that fails i shall go and find out what neem is

Best of luck with your garden/creation
                ''I've left all my belongings on the side of the road and i'm hoping my mind can be free.'' --- Hanami - Bolesworth Blues

http://www.hanamimusic.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X