Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So far...this , for me, is the year of the......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slugs and snails and more slugs and snails.and a little sparrow who really has taken a dislike to my courgette plant.

Comment

Some ladybirds are nesting,there's one on a plant pot in my garden,it's under the rim & hidden so protected from rain,sitting on a web thing & it's been there for over a week,so they're probably all in their hiding places,I did see one in some lettuce today though,but that ones still there on the pot,wonder how long it takes for them to hatch out?

Comment

Here ya go JJ.....

The Life Cycle of Ladybirds - UK Safari
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Whitefly and ants... oh and midges - but they're irritating me rather than the plants

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Thankyou Nicos! You just saved this ladybirds life,your link showed that I had something strange going on,so I googled & it was (paratisized?) on top of this cocoon webbed insect. I took off the cocoon & the ladybirds legs started wiggling,now its walking on my lettuce. I feel bad that i didnt know,but its ok now & look how happy it is in the photo.
            Edit to add this is the other bug;
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinocampus_coccinellae
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jungle Jane; 19-05-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Hope I'm not temptin' fate but so far I've had no probs apart from a couple of young Runners being munched. I put it down to not growing Brassicas outdoors & using SFG.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Snugs and ants everywhere OMG

Comment

Weeel, so far (shhhhh!) all my stuff is still lurking in the GH - I can see one or two leaves at the bottom of a couple of plants have been nibbled a bit ... but I've yet to see how they fare in the big outdoors ....
                  (bunnies, mice, aphids, slugs, snails, slugs, slugs and erm slugs ). Then there's the weather ..................
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Where do you grow your brassica BM?
                    Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                      Where do you grow your brassica BM?
                      In something similar to this:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

A swimming pool ?
                        Northern England.

Comment

A swimming pool ?
                          Here's mine either side of the Munty House. They are polytunnels that I removed the roofs & replaced with Netting. One I use for Toms & Cucs, the other for Brassicas but that may change this year:

Attached Files

Comment

very organised that.

I don't know where to put mine, I was going to make netting zone from something (or get OH too rather) beside greenhouse in space which is errrr messy with just stuff, but then I thought I could have a blowaway greenhouse temporarily there instead, more space for indoor growing. Everything else is going on decking, I could keep on decking and greenhouse in winter . Oh I dunno. aaagghhh
                            Northern England.

Comment

very organised that.

I don't know where to put mine, I was going to make netting zone from something (or get OH too rather) beside greenhouse in space which is errrr messy with just stuff, but then I thought I could have a blowaway greenhouse temporarily there instead, more space for indoor growing. Everything else is going on decking, I could keep on decking and greenhouse in winter . Oh I dunno. aaagghhh
                              Don't grow Brassicas undercover, they'll bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                Here's mine either side of the Munty House. They are polytunnels that I removed the roofs & replaced with Netting. One I use for Toms & Cucs, the other for Brassicas but that may change this year:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64327[/ATTACH]
                                I love your Munty House looks like its made of greenhouse frames. I picked two 6ft x6ft frames from B&Q for a £5 each at the start of season clear out as the boxes were damaged and I'm going to net them like you have with the polytunnels see Alans Allotment: Two Allotments And Now Two Greenhouses
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X