Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sewer rat
    PC
    Glad your moles are moving on but not sure if it's to do with the pistol, though it may be. The reason for using the shotgun is that it's the percussion that kills them, so you do not need a direct hit, somewhere in the approximate vicinity will do just as well - anyway, hope your neighbours don't start doing the same and chase the little beggars back to you !
    We also have an air rifle but I don't like using it, would that be powerful enough do you think?

Luckily the neighbours aren't close enough, I'm chasing them back into another field in fact the field they came from
    www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Determined to stop you all shooting them. Battery & solar mole repellers can be found on the following sites:-
      www.hunterpole.co.uk/ecommerce/fsetpest.html
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Also on:-www.tempsl.com/uk/automobile-garden/garden/7.html

Comment

Is there something you are trying to tell us SueA?
          www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Yep.I hate anything being killed even if it is a pest & would rather see them 'relocated' even if that does mean they become someone else's problem! Being more urban than country I also don't like guns, poisons or lethal traps.We do have a certain amount of countryside around us as our town was always a mix of farming & industrial in the past & people do go out rabbiting, fishing etc. but I've always been a softy!

Comment

The trouble with moles is that they always come back and you need to keep the numbers down and after planting loads of hornbeam hedging last autumn I really object to them burrowing underneath it as I lost 1/2 dozen bits of hedging to them last year
              www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Sorry about your hedging I know you must have to resort to drastic measures when you have a big mole problem- we only ever get the odd one in our area- most of them seem to like living in the grounds of a big cash & carry store a couple of miles down the road from here.

Comment

Could you ask if they have any space for a few more?
                  www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Think yours would probably get mugged by our tough 'Manc' moles!
                    There's a golf course next to where they live now so I bet their days are numbered as they will probably migrate to the lovely greens where they won't be very welcome!

Comment

Just came across another mole-deterrent called Sork anti-mole bulbs. YOu plant them in stages & the smell drives moles & mice away. You sometimes even get small yellow flowers on them but if you've planted them in a lawn you just mow these off.
                      www.anti-mole.com

Comment

Thanks for that SueA
                        www.poultrychat.com

Comment

I live in France and have seen the landmines for moles in the garden centers but here is something that I have tried and it seems to deter the delightful furry creatures. Take one pack of 25cl bottles of beer, of your choice, enjoy drinking it and save the bottles. Find the runs of the moles and insert a bottle in each run with the neck about 2 ins (or should I say 5cm) above the surface. The wind will then blow over the neck of the bottle and create the sort of noise that we used to make as children with a milk bottle. I have found that it works but even if it doesn't the emptying of the bottles will have been enjoyable!
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Not sure the UN would be too keen of us putting Land mines down Roitlet Mothballs in the run is supposed to work, but I keep thinking about the Jasper Carrot sketch & the 12 bore shot gun
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by SueA
                              Yep.I hate anything being killed even if it is a pest & would rather see them 'relocated' even if that does mean they become someone else's problem! Being more urban than country I also don't like guns, poisons or lethal traps.We do have a certain amount of countryside around us as our town was always a mix of farming & industrial in the past & people do go out rabbiting, fishing etc. but I've always been a softy!
                              Here! Here!

Comment

Moles?

There is something burrowing away in my veggie patch but I don thave any mole hills. It burrows for long distances so dont think it is a rat. I have carpet round the edges of my garden and when that is lifted there are all sorts of tunnels there too. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X