No announcement yet.

"Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once....."

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fat green caterpillars - was doing some weeding in the garden and found (and squished) the blighters! Haven't even seen a butterfly about yet!

Comment

CATS...Don't know why they were put on this earth.

Comment

Slugs here too. Lots of little black baby ones who do so much damage to say they are so small. Creepily and yuck-ily I over wintered chillis and peppers in the house. And I keep finding slug trails leading to slugs, who have somehow come in. These plants were planted into fresh compost in fresh containers. So they must bury deep into the root system of the plants and then escape later. Horrible little critters.
        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Small birds (sparrows and finches) they are eating all the tips out of my pea plants. My Bijou Mangetout looks atrocious. Never had this problem before. I can't really net them either as they are all intermingled with by climbing beans which they are not touching. This will be.......interesting

Comment

I forgot to say on this thread....

Foxes....
            Eating my strawberries!

Having said that , they seem to have been Deterred by the netting! : D
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Aphids (if we owned the house, all the ruddy Sycamores would be firewood!)

Oh, and 'Ornets, ruddy things are following me, I'm sure. Ugh!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

...and Pigeons.

You're wrong Libbyloulou, Cats are divine. Pigeons are a chuffing nightmare!

We have loads of cats in the area, just wish they liked Pigeon as much as my old Cat used to!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
                  CATS...Don't know why they were put on this earth.
                  Cats for me too. Unfortunately they are mine. Ruined the beetroot and spinach. They think my raised beds are there just as glorified sun loungers for them
                  Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Cabbage white butterflies - laying eggs on crops that are not cabbages - they have no standards!
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

Moles!!!! The b******* y things aren't just content with raising the Himalayas on the grass they have now moved into the tunnel and are secretly tunneling behind the rings of the tomatoes. You only find the tunnels when you water and the water disappears down a sink hole!!!!!!!
                      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X