Poison ivy!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison ivy!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm relatively new to vegetable growing, this being my 2nd year on my allotment, which was very badly overgrown when I 1st took it on. The problem is this, there seems to be some sort of ivy growing out of the soil, its not on a vine as I've imagined ivy to grow, but loads of single leaves growing out of the soil in an area about 4ft by 2ft. Anyway I used a flame gun to kill it back, which seemed to wilt the leaves, but when I returned 3-4 days later, there it all was as fresh as a daisy, it just seems impossible to kill. HELP!!!!!!!!

where are you located??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Does it look like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bind1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	2317696

Click image for larger version

Name:	bindweed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	2317697
      Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

It could be bindweed.
        Best wishes
        Andrewo
        Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

I think if it is poison ivy , you have to report it to the authorities and they would have to remove it to prevent it spreading. Is it ground elder? Try googling them on images to compare the leaf shapes and formation. Poison ivy and ground elder do look a bit alike at first.
          LJ- Warning!!!! this site has some adult content!!! (also graphic pictures!).......hello......where have you all gone?????....

Comment

Sorry everyone, when I called the post "poison ivy" I didn't literally mean it was poison ivy, its poison to me cause I can't kill it!!! Anyway, looking at your pictures, its not bind weed, although there was(is!) loads of that on my plot. The leaves look just like ivy, very dark green and very shiny unlike bind weed. If the weather improves over the weekend I'll try to take a photo and post it on the thread.

Comment

well ground elder is certainly not dark green! Got loads of the stuff in one small area!!

Comment

Join the club! My garden is infested with ground elder and I have made a solemn oath never ever to take anything from there to the allotment!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X