Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chillie plants with small white spots on them

Hi,

I received some chilli plants today and when I opened up the plants all of them have small white spots on the leaves with little holes in them. One plant when I opened it up had a fly in it and this plant is the worst one, on one of the plants two leaves have big holes in them causing one of the leaves to curl. What shall I do? do I get rid of the leaves that have big holes?

Apart from this this they look healthy if abit sun burnt, just a little worried about them and wanting advice

Where did you get them from?

Comment

I got them from ebay, which probably was not a good idea. I will post up some photo's.

Comment

These are the photo's:

Comment

Holes in leaves and leaves curling over like that sound like caterpillar damage. Give your plants a really thorough inspection. The small white marks with holes could also be early caterpillar damage.

Comment

Thankyou I will do that, is there anyway that I can get rid of the caterpillars?

Comment

Pick them off and squish them with your fingers. Also have a good look on the underside of the leaves to see if there any tiny eggs there.

Comment

I will definitely do that, thank you for your help

Comment

Definitely caterpillars, got one on my 'bird's eye' it was satisfying squelching the little bugger, he was quite big!

Comment

Sometimes you find caterpillars inside the chillies ... that's really yuck
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

That is definitely yuck, the bird's eye plant has no buds just yet but the sweet banana and early jalapeno do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X