This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.

We've had showers on and off all day. We both had our hair cut this morning, which also includes a catch up on any new local gossip.

This afternoon I managed to buy the last punnet of today's strawberries and also did a grory hop. I never got Mr GF's new shirts, I'll do it tomorrow. I've also just got a text from our pharmacy to say our prescriptions are ready for collection.

Mr GF's hearing aids have been driving me mad this afternoon, whistling and squawking loudly for no reason. It was really high pitched and I think beyond his hearing range. Eventually I took them off him, put new tubes and batteries on them and they now seem to be behaving again. It's something I'm now quite adept at as I used to be in charge of his sister's hearing aid maintenance as she tended to be very ham-fisted, every remote control in her flat was fastened together with sticky tape. I've now gone online and ordered more tubes and batteries.

Comment

• Good morning.

Oh, the joys of insomnia. Mr GF inadvertently woke me up at 4.30am and I cannot fall back asleep.

Comment

• Morning GF
        I'm not so much insomnia as a keepwakingupnia, just getting more tired as the days go on and I can't sleep in the day.

Cloudy here but due to be dry. I shall try and continue outside with my organising (moving and shuffling) and see what else I can fit it.
        Also a bread to bake.
        Last edited by Containergardener; 16-05-2024, 08:51 AM.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

It was misty earlier but thats now cleared then we've got rain this afternoon.

I've been in the garden moving and shuffling plants (love that saying CG) it looks like I'll need to sort out the other cloche/Coldframe when the seedling get a bit bigger.

Enjoy your day
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 16-05-2024, 07:13 AM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

The mist has cleared here, but rain is forecast for midday onwards.

I plan to replace the trellis that supports my climbing rose today. It's been doing a sterling job for more than 20 years, but it's coming to pieces now. It's only a foot wide to fit the available space, so I had to try 3 different places before I found the right size in stock. I gave it a coat of fence paint yesterday, so I just need to find the right screwdriver and get on
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              We have a sunny, calm start to the day!. Even the crickets are chirping their little heads off….
              Off out in the camper soon, just for a few hours. I could do with staying home and doing ‘stuff’ but I think it’s a matter of ‘grasping the moment’

Darn gf- I was up making myself a chamomile tea at that time- could have made you one - and CG one- too!

I didn’t get the ironing finished yesterday….I did some, but lost the will, so just tidied it to one side. I’m getting exceptionally skilful at averting my eyes!

However- I did plant up most of the tubs at the front yesterday , and I’m really pleased with them.

We got notification my pump is arriving today instead- let’s hope they leave it with our neighbour! Sooo looking forward to playing with it!

Have a great day everyone - those smiles are still looking super bouncy as they flew over!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's showery here now so going to do the shopping instead .
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, today's big event was due to be a long session at the dentist's. But it won't be, as I've woken up not feeling so good. Mr Snoop will be buying us some Covid tests this afternoon. Fingers crossed it proves negative and I can get another appointment at the dentist next week.

Better find something else to do instead. Nobody suggest ironing. I haven't ironed anything in well over twenty years. Plus, solar power wouldn't run an iron for very long, probably not even long enough for it to heat up properly.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, a bit dull but no rain this morning.
                    Sympathy like there Snoop, hope it’s not Covid and hope you feel better soon.
                    Hope you all have a great day. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hmmm….the ‘pump’ arrived….
                      In a plastic bag, holding together a very badly damaged - empty- box

We now have to send the empty box back to get a replacement. How bonkers is that?

Its clearly not going to get back to them and get replaced before next week

Right…so I’ve had the bad luck for today – you all should be fine now!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^

That's terrible, Nicos. Fingers crossed they get it sorted for you promptly.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. Your hair looks nice GF is it strawberry blonde? Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Nicos do these people know how stressful such things are to older folk, when expecting something to be delivered and not receiving it can cause stress, and before you ask, my mother told me, to make me aware of such things when I get old
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull but reasonably warm temp of 16c though there's an occasional slit of rain, was up at half six but not feeling so tired as I was yesterday, grandson will be finishing a bit earlier to say so once back home I hopefully will get out to the garden as I want to get some beetroot sown, don't usually sow outside as early but the ash free is in leaf so hopefully all frost finished, enjoy your day and pass on some smiles
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Good Morning All Dull here. Your hair looks nice GF is it strawberry blonde? Have a good day
                                Hardly strawberry blonde, nearer to mostly platinum blonde a.k.a white/silver. Weirdly I never went grey as such, straight from "dirty blonde" to whiteish. To be fair it's a colour similar to what I used to try to dye it in my much younger days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X