Flants!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flants!!!

That's right, flants !!!!!! Thousands of them. My garden is teeming with them and their non flying relatives.

Eeeewwwwwww.

I've been tap-dancing on the paving stones. No idea what the neighbours are thinking now.

(Flants = FLying Ants) Yeuch.
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Have you tried planting pennyroyal? I have dried penny royal and if I gt ants in the house I open the jar near them and they all scamper off. Havent planted any in the garden and have noticed the big lumps of "field ants" (I think, well they are orange anyway) so may be investing in some.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Adds Pennyroyal to shopping list!

With you there, Caro - had loads under the pond liner in our last place - yeeeeuuuuuuucchhh! I'm itching, just thinking about them.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Another grape recommended icing sugar-coated tapioca. As soon as I remember to buy tapioca, I'm giving that a go.

(The ants feed it to the queen (awwwww, nice of them), it expands in her ickle wickle belly and rips her open. SPLAT. )
        Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

They're just getting ready to swarm. It's always a problem round here cos of the light soil.

Comment

I get them in my garden every year, my Labrador eats them all ! Yuck !
            You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X