Organic weed killers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic weed killers?

Hi, I've got some weeds appearing through the weed fabric in my garden after recently putting it down (fat lot of good that was!)

Can anyone recommend any organic weed killers as they're quite close to my veg patches.

Thanks a lot for any help.

What sort of weeds are they? You can sprinkle salt into the centre of rosette shaped ones - that'll kill 'em.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hand pull and slip some cardboard under the weed fabric?

Comment

I've gravelled over a lawn and it looks like the weeds are bits of grass that have got through. Will salt work on that?

Comment

Ah, looks like your mulch wasn't deep enough to kill the lawn. Boiling water will kill weeds, but if you've got loads coming through, you might have to deepen the gravel
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by glaw5 View Post
            I've gravelled over a lawn and it looks like the weeds are bits of grass that have got through.
            Why on earth do you want to gravel over a lawn? My landlord put shingle in the front garden and it's a pain in the arse. The local cats use it as a toilet and the weeds still grow through.

Comment

It wasn't a massive lawn and I've got my veg beds there so the grass was a bit of a mess plus the slabs that had been put down by the previous owners were all higgldy piggldy. I'd put cardboard down over the area over the winter so most of the grass had been killed off but a little bit must have still been there. I've got a few bags of gravel left, just not put them all down yet and these grasses have appeared in the meantime. Sorry should have probably explaiend that at the start!

Comment

So it's just paths between the beds then???

Comment

Can you not just pull the odd bits of grass up as they appear?
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X