Pollen Beetles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollen Beetles

We have had three "explosions" of these little critters in the last three days. They're driving me mad, they are everywhere including in my hair!!! I have a bright yellow "feather duster" which lives in the back porch (grandly known as the conservatory) and it is absolutely covered in them. Now thrown into the garden as the spiders can't cope.

Said yellow duster has now attracted even more of them. It is resting on a flexitub with water in it and the little darlings are falling into the water. Good riddance.

Comment

There were squillions of them on my lotty today: the white & yellow flowers are smothered in them.

It's oilseed rape that's to blame: they love the stuff
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Little granddaughter came to visit this afternoon wearing a white dress - she was also covered in them within minutes, so we stripped her off and she played in the paddling pool.

Comment

They're everywhere! We need some rain to wash them away!

Comment

I've got them everywhere too (on courgettes, sweet peas, cucumbers and beans) - I was wondering what they were and now I know! They were even attracted to my son's yellow paper round bag so he used his school bag instead!

Comment

They are all over my pond Lillies, Flea beetles all over lottie, trying to keep it moist.

WHERE is the rain ???? ( Never thought I would say that !)
              You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Originally posted by Liza View Post
                WHERE is the rain ???? ( Never thought I would say that !)
                Dunno, but it's certainly not here!! We were supposed to have some yesterday but it didn't happen. Another two feather duster full of pollen beetles shaken into the flexitub for swimming lessons.

Comment

I've had to come indoors, they're crazing me. Horrible itchy little boogers
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X