No announcement yet.

176 slugs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havn't but must be to do with dehydration a bit like salting courgettes.

Comment

I have this mental image of you TS, going round the garden with salt tub in hand, counting 1, 2, 3, etc. Hope none of the neighbours were listening. Can't believe you actually counted them all. Hope Mr TS had his shoes on when he went outside in the morning.

Comment

Jings, I think I must be truly blessed.
        I find the odd slug but no damage that would incite me to do anything.
        Or am I so cursed that even the slugs won't come near me.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
          Jings, I think I must be truly blessed.
          I find the odd slug but no damage that would incite me to do anything.
          Or am I so cursed that even the slugs won't come near me.
          I have yours here Alice - would you like them back?

Last night I went to lock the back door before going to bed and noticed that a Slug Party had made their way through the catflap and were heading towards a 15kg sack of dried dog food.

Comment

and I keep finding them tucked up in bed with the guinea pigs, or even in their dry food bowl
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Went out last night and the bird table was full of slugs, there were far too many for my knife so I used a shovel to scoop them all up then they went in the green recycle bin.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-11-2009, 10:07 AM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

now the ice and snow has gone I seem to have most of a 25 kilo bag of rock salt left over.
                it only seems fair to stop them freezing to death .............mwaaaaaaahahaha
                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

176??????

..can you imagine how many babies that lot would of had by the end of theis year????
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by snakeshack View Post
                    now the ice and snow has gone I seem to have most of a 25 kilo bag of rock salt left over.
                    it only seems fair to stop them freezing to death .............mwaaaaaaahahaha
                    Hang on to it kid, it's only half-past January!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      176??????

..can you imagine how many babies that lot would of had by the end of theis year????
                      EEEUUUUCCCHHH! I HATE the nasty slimy critters Just how many babies do they have?

Sorry to show my ignorance, but we don't get many round here THANKFULLY!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        : Just how many babies do they have?
                        http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehipm/pdf/Slugs.pdf

400 per year!!

400 x
                        --------

Well done 2sheds!!!!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have a problem with slugs, but a bigger problem with snails, so I have what you could call a "Death Bucket", its a bucket half filled with salt and I chuck them in it, but on reading one of my books apparently the snails I have in my garden are a delicacy in France....so If any of you French Peeps would like my snails, your welcome to them. See below,

It’s very wrong to toss snails over the garden wall into your neighbours’ nasturtiums. Far better to eat them: they don’t come back from that. Don’t flinch: the common garden snail, helix aspersa, is the one known as petit gris in France, smaller and far more prized for cooking than the official edible snail. There is a feast lurking in the dark corners of your garden

Comment

I built myself a Slug Pub a few years ago, never got round to putting a sign on it, but it basically looks like a little log cabin. Usual thing, bit of beer in a polystyrene tub and they seem to love it. There was a toad who used to hang round as well but haven't seen that in a while.

When its done with, I take it out and empty it somewhere, it stinks, but the slugs all go, something eats them. Same with salt, you salt them but the bodies are all gone by the morning so something likes them.

Have just taken over a neighbours garden and loads of snails in there..

Comment

Got 136 last night: it's been so wet they were coming out before dark. Little bleepers were all hiding in my (rather long) lawn
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X