X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweepster
    replied
    Oh no

Maybe you could buy replacement young tomato plants and keep them under cover?

Leave a comment:

• Raindancer411
    replied
    Blight :P

Hi All

I have got blighted potatoes and my tumbling toms that were doing so well and had LOTS of flowers on have it as well Looks like I will have to do with what potatoes have grown and go without toms this year...

Leave a comment:

• tattieman
    replied
    I will stick my neck on the line and say that water droplets in the early morning are being scorched into the potato leafs producing the damage that you are getting.

Leave a comment:

• Pot-Bound
    replied
    Blight

Hi

The marks a some what spread all over - possibly more on the leaves that are more exposed.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• tattieman
    replied
    Are the leaves at the top of the plant or near the bottom?

Leave a comment:

• Pot-Bound
    replied
    Is It Blight

Hi There

I hope you can help.

I am new to the forum & growing potatos.

I have a number of potatos in containers and the leaves are developing bronze spots & don't look to healthy.

I have attached a photo.

Can anyone tell me if it is blight and what I should do if it is.

Many Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SarzWix; 07-06-2009, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    peppertom - I've moved your query to the current blight thread.

I'd say you haven't ruined your crop - as long as you haven't removed ALL the leaves.
    Last edited by zazen999; 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HayleyB
    replied
    I got some chocolate spots on one of my batches of toms, the nearest I could find was the chocolate spots for magnesium deficiency in potatoes, so fed them and they recovered easily and quickly. if they are little spots as polka dots then that's probably it.

Leave a comment:

• Peppertom
    replied
    hi

i have seen loads of brown spots on my potato leaves and i thorght it was blight so i did what the book said and got rid of the leaves that were affected.
    but now reading this i think that it may not have been blight (there were only small spots, and just seem to have appeared after a heavy rain storm)

i just got rid of the leaves, i didnt pull up the whole plant - but have i just ruined my potato crop!
    :-(

Leave a comment:

• janeyo
    replied
    It is actually a potato and not a tomaot and no I don't water in the day, only around 7 ish pm. Am glad it's not blight. Now I've just got to work out what it is!
    I have since found one of my december tomatoes that has never been outside and which is not in any strong air currents in the greenhouse looks similar. It's the only one.

I don't think it's magnesium deficiency but googling now for what it might be.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Defintely blight on my spuds, appeared in a day, really bad so have chopped off affected foliage and will leave tatties in the ground for the skins to harden then dig up as i was advised.
    Bit soul destroying but i guess you have to take the rough with the smooth with veggie groiwng lark, on the plus harvested my first strawberries so a bitter/sweet visit to the plot.

Leave a comment:

• tattieman
    replied
    SarzWix I am now sure it was a combination of wind burn and scorching from watering.
    Janeyo that should not be blight.

Leave a comment:

• davefromthechipie
    replied
    Originally posted by janeyo View Post
    But not 100% sure.
    Only one bucket looks like this. None of the others or the ones in the ground.
    I have isolated this buc.ket til I know what it is.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Im sure thats not blight I get it every year because of potato farms around here. The only way i find out 100% is if the stems get large black stops too

Have you been watering your toms day time ?

Leave a comment:

• janeyo
    replied
    I don't think it's blight?

But not 100% sure.
    Only one bucket looks like this. None of the others or the ones in the ground.
    I have isolated this buc.ket til I know what it is.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by janeyo; 06-06-2009, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SarzWix
    replied
    Originally posted by tattieman View Post
    I got a shock when I was in the garden last night and came across this poorly looking plant. I quickly snapped the leaves off and rushed home to make a video on how to test for blight. I have put the video on youtube for you all. YouTube - How to test for BLIGHT
    Glad yours turned out not to be blight tattieman. What do you reckon caused the spots then? Scorch?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X