Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no!!!

ARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!.
    Now Ive got one, a mole that is, and not the little brown ones that you have on your skin.This is one of those little furry critters that overnight leaves a mountain range on your lawn as a calling card: 210ltrs of water from one water butt went down the newest hole in the line end of mole? if only. 2days later fresh earth was pushed up from the same hole,I swear its got an oxygen bottle on its back and a face mask and is using the tunnel as a flume I will not surrender. Its had a shot across the bows now its a full broadside. 420ltrs down the same hole it will be washed into the next county,dont mess with me Mr/Mrs/Ms mole
    Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Lol Skipper! Good luck with getting rid of the pesky varmint! Have to say I like Jasper Carrots solution, sit on a swinging bar stool, with a shotgun and torch taped to the end, one sight of offending mole and 'BANG', end of problem! (Mind you, picking up bloody bits of mole spread all over the plot may not be too much fun! lol!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Small stick of Dynamite in the run will sort it out & you get a free water feature at the end
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Hello Skipper, yes moles do create havoc. As I see it you have 2 choices. You can decide the damage is not all that bad and just learn to love them and live with them. Or you may decide the damage is not sufferable and arrange to kill them. The choice is yours. I've had them but have never had to kill them. But I can see how they could become a major pest.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Skipper

I have to agree with Alice, and there isn't any way to scare them off. All these ideas of mole deterrents just don't work, its traps or poison I'm afraid

Comment

I feel guilty now. I will poke a pair of water wings down the hole, that will enable me to sleep easy.
            Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Comment

Just read in a gardening mag. of a couple who swear by putting a large plastic drink bottle on a stick pushed into the mole hill with flaps cut out of the sides of the bottle to act as wings & spin the bottle round in the wind. They say that the moles left & when they removed the bottles they returned.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                Just read in a gardening mag. of a couple who swear by putting a large plastic drink bottle on a stick pushed into the mole hill with flaps cut out of the sides of the bottle to act as wings & spin the bottle round in the wind. They say that the moles left & when they removed the bottles they returned.
                Ok that could lead to some interesting looking lawns around the country - maybe you could convince people that they were mini wind turbines .

Comment

Just got a few new mole hills myself recently and as yet havent dug my old trap out, just using the nice soil but really hope it doesnt settle here....

Comment

Just looked up mole deterrents:
                    1. Sink plastic bottles in to their holes with the lids off - the sound of the wind blowing over will annoy them;
                    2. Plant caper spurge near their hole - they hate the smell;
                    3. Set an alarm clock and put it down their hole - after one alarm call they will probably move out. LOL!
                    I'm all in favour of using humane deterrents - but then it's not me with the problem (I have cats! - another deterrent).

Comment

Originally posted by Waffler View Post
                      Just looked up mole deterrents:
                      1. Sink plastic bottles in to their holes with the lids off - the sound of the wind blowing over will annoy them;
                      2. Plant caper spurge near their hole - they hate the smell;
                      3. Set an alarm clock and put it down their hole - after one alarm call they will probably move out. LOL!
                      I'm all in favour of using humane deterrents - but then it's not me with the problem (I have cats! - another deterrent).
                      Before you can put alarm clocks or bottles up there holesyou have to catch them first! Lol
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ha H a snadger very funny!!! Have cats too but too bloody soft they even get bullied by the chickens!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Before you can put alarm clocks or bottles up there holesyou have to catch them first! Lol
                          Good one!

Comment

Snadger methinks your "funny bone" has been working overtime today! well done! DDL
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Nice one Snadger!
                              [

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X