No announcement yet.

Slugs in compost bin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to a man selling books at the Harrogate Spring Show & he has a neighbour who collects slugs & snails in a bag & then drives them to the countryside to release them! That's even softer than me.Hope she takes them a fair distance though as they do have homing instincts.
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sue I did think about bringing them to work and releasing them (it is about 25 miles) but I don't think the landlord would be too impressed

Comment

Thunder storm last night, I went out after & collected hundreds of slugs & snails in a bag & dumped them in the dustbin, hope they don't get out! I entered a phot comp. in Garden News magazine a couple of years ago for pics of slimy slugs & won a runner-up prize & my slug photo was featured on the website of the company promoting it until recently, lovely slimy enormous black slug!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I take my slugs and snails to the city farm chickens or abandon them in natural areas/rough ground where they can carry on living or provide food for wildlife. When that's too much trouble I chuck them in boiling water for instantaneous death and use Nemaslug to keep numbers down.
          This website has some slug info. including control methods http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/biosi/resea...aff/wocs2.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X