X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am obviously in a frost pocket, a glistening white 1 degree here

Comment

Had a GH low of 3.2c with the garden covered in frost.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I beat most of you by a couple of days! The greenhouse went down to 1.9c on Friday night and I had to scrape ice off the car on Saturday morning.

Last night the greenhouse only went down to 3.1c. I don't know about the cars, I only just got up and the sun is out
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

2.8C in the greenhouse over night and everything was wet this morning, its beginning to feel like Autumn now
          Last edited by Cadalot; 30-10-2017, 09:05 AM.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

1.2 on the windowsill and frost on the shed roof. Nice and sunny now though
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Still no frost here, but there should be...

Comment

4 degrees in the greenhouse and a white lawn and car, hope I might find a bit of snow on the hill tops later in the week.

Comment

We are expeting our first frost this evening.
                  I'll be sad to see the nasturtiums collapse- they add such a lovely bright colour to the garden.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    I'll be sad to see the nasturtiums collapse- they add such a lovely bright colour to the garden.
                    Agreed. Hope mine also last a bit longer

Was 4*C outside at 8am this morning, and greenhouse thermometer showed 9*C.

Comment

I don't have a thermometer but there was frost on car and lawn this morning. Last night I harvested all the pods showing any signs of colour and squeezed three plants into the garage.

Do people harvest green pods? (I mean of varieties that you would normally expect to eat when red or whatever their final colour.) What do you do with them? Chutney, like tomatoes?

Comment

There's been at least a couple of nights when it's gone down to zero outside, and hopefully stayed at least a few degrees warmer in the greenhouse.

Nasturtiums still alive outside and in flower, and chillies seem to be ok in greenhouse. Some limited leaf drop, but plants still alive and plenty of pods still on plants and still slowly ripening.

Some late season volunteer plants, marigolds, poached egg plants, catnip etc still doing ok.

Rocket in tub still outside and growing slowly but have been able to harvest a few leaves
                        Last edited by Chris11; 07-11-2017, 12:49 PM. Reason: fixing typo

Comment

First frost here last night. GH temp was Zero early morning although outside temp only dropped to 1.2 I've always thought it was colder in the GH than outdoors!!

Comment

There must be some science behind it, like the cold air can't get out or something... sciency?
                            He-Pep!

Comment

My theory is that the GH is stuck out in the middle so that it gets the most sunlight during the day - so its not protected by walls or trees (but the plants inside it are protected).
                              The outside thermometer is on the house wall on the north, rarely sees sunlight so the temp should always be the lowest anywhere - but, it is sheltered from the wind by the house.
                              At the moment, the GH is 28 with the door open and the side wall is 8.7.
                              Confusing, innit!!
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 13-11-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

never mind the frost, first smattering of snow predicted tonight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X