No announcement yet.

Today's Weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had hail stones and a pair of rainbow ends but no middle.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7420.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	2540748Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7421.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	2540749
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Actually feels spring-like for first time this morning although you wouldn't guess it from the figures: 10°C, 80% RH, very light NW breeze, 6 octas broken cloud.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Gaining 4 minutes of daylight each day now. Even on overcast days there is still enought brightness and warmth in the sun for plants to notice.

My greenhouse air temperature gained 6°C this morning between 07:00 and 11:00 undet thick cloud cover and only 1°C rise in outside air temperature.
        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Turned nasty about lunchtime: blowing F8 and heavy horizontal rain. Southeastly too, a direction from which we hsve little shelter.
          Forecast to ease about 19h so lets hope....

Comment

• Take care QW that does sound bad.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• While the rest of the country basks in a heat wave spare a thought for us down here on the north coast of West Cornwall socked in under cool mizzle for another day.

Six or seven miles away on south coast it was warm sunshine yesterday.

Comment

• After a few days of high temps we're down to have heavy rain this afternoon till early morning.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
                  While the rest of the country basks in a heat wave spare a thought for us down here on the north coast of West Cornwall socked in under cool mizzle for another day.

Six or seven miles away on south coast it was warm sunshine yesterday.
                  Is "mizzle" what we used to call a sea fret here in Yorkshire?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Is "mizzle" what we used to call a sea fret here in Yorkshire?
                    Yeh, I think so. When we lived in Ampleforth, near Thisk, many moons ago, on sunny days we would sometimes take the kids to Scarborough only to find it shrouded in cool wet mist.

Comment

• Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post

Yeh, I think so. When we lived in Ampleforth, near Thisk, many moons ago, on sunny days we would sometimes take the kids to Scarborough only to find it shrouded in cool wet mist.
                      Yes, it was always Scarborough.

Comment

• We've succumbed. Mid June!
                        It's not so much the cold, more like meteorological miserableness.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Compress_20220618_113159_9113.jpg Views:	7 Size:	498.8 KB ID:	2547617 F
                        Last edited by quanglewangle; 18-06-2022, 02:36 PM. Reason: Spellinge

Comment

• Good grief Q ( beautiful fire by the way!)

(we’re not so much further south than you so I imagine that’s the weather we might be getting soon.
                          Anything is better than this heatwave - supposed to hit low 40’s today in Normandy )

Is the weather affecting your greenhouse plants?
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's very local advection fog blowing in from the sea, which is still quite cold at the moment.

The the bottom layer of warm moist air coming up from the south is cooled by the sea and the moisture condenses out. 13°C here at the moment.

​​​​Never gets very warm here: the last bit of Cornwall is, apart from a low narrow connection, an island in the North Atlantic.

Greenhouse is fine. The mist is only 100m or so deep so plenty of solar radiation getting through to keep greenhouse at 25°C currently.

Comment

• Got that advection mist again. Viz 100m but can see the sun!
                              Hopefully will burn off before too long.
                              I used to be quanglewangle. It's a long story

Comment

• We’re heading for our second heatwave….
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X