No announcement yet.

France

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been in northern france sun-wed so glad to be home..................
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Weather in 24 today has been scorching tho prevision for tomorrow looks a bit grim and cooler but workable for the rest of the week.

Worked on chum's new potager until 1.30 (from 9.30), quick lunch and then back home to cut grass - well start but even then, far toooooooooooo hot.

Hopefully if weather holds - very overcast atm tho still warm - will be on the grass cutting again tomorrow.

And loads of babies coming through, tho last frosts may not be until late April so not planting out yet - patience Grasshopper
      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
        Been in northern france sun-wed so glad to be home..................
        oy.....what's wrong with 'Up North'????

Tis warmer here than Cheshire..we even turned off the heating today....that's a sure invite for a snowy Easter eh????

16C here today - just right....no way could I cope with the hot summers 'Daan Souf'

....done loads of gardening..lovely jubbly!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

nothing wrong with up north...just glad to be home....reaallyy hot here today but actually managed to start the fencing for the plot - put back all the original wires that had to come out while it was cleared - next i have to attach the mouton wire...antone any ideas of what to hedge with?
          And is it true i need to get permission from the mairie to plant a hedge????

Comment

Been steadily piddling down most of the night and is still raining - well, at least it means I can get on with the work INSIDE the house and some client stuff
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Piddling down here too Tony - perhaps we can see the same clouds? Meant to be going on a walk today (Walking group is 1st and 3rd Tuesdays) dont think we will......still have got a pile of ironing to do.

Comment

Well- you see 'up here' we have sunshine and clouds!!!

..looks like the rain is heading this way though!!!

Comment

Just how good is the weather forecast?

After a day when it got up to 25C here and I had to sit under the shade of the terrace (after working all day on the veg patch) to have a kip, I was really looking forward to a day of rain today as promised by the various meteos. And what has happened? We had rain overnight (plenty of it) and it stopped this am! Now it's even turning out that we are getting a bit of sunshine. It'll bring on the plants outside, but my ground was so dry it really needs a good day's rain on it!
                  The next few days should also bring some rain - just in time for some friends who phoned this am to say they would be coming in their motor home to see us for a few days!

Comment

As it rained yesterday i didnt look on the plot except quickly to ensure there was no sanglier damage ....today is sunny/cloudy so i've been down to clear another strip and my carrots are popping through and also three or four of my first early potatoes...all the onions were coming up over the weekend - they are now looking very healthy ...so pleased...as long as the sanglier stay off should be Ok!!!

Comment

• Weather here today has been really good. Bit overcast this morning but this afternoon was good gardening weather.Out with the strimmer this morning to do the fidly bits and the roadside bank and greensward (the bit opposite that never gets cut unless I do it) and this afternoon off sorting more of chum's potager.

And aperos with the same chums this evening
                      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• today has been really windy! Was worried about the mini greenhouse ...but seems OK ....however trees are blowing about a bit - one of our local roads was blocked by falling stones last night!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                          one of our local roads was blocked by falling stones last night!!
                          That would make superb local headlines...those back in the UK for me would have read...'machete attack in local public house'...or...'youth vomit on local bobbie'..or.....'smash and grab at local jeweller / off licence'...ah for this rural life!!!!!!

Comment

• Even better - 5 cars passed my house today (heavy traffic day on our chemin rurale) three went that way, two went the other way - headline 'Sun event caused mass exodus to high points: But one car is still missing'?
                            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• .....maybe it's under a pile of Jardiniere's stones????

Comment

• Grey, miseravle and oversact all day but still quite warm. Managed to get the shopping this morning - cos it looked like rain - and this afternoon strimmed all the back garden, far too long to use the mower and it was its first cut of the year
                                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X