France

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyF View Post
    when we got into it at 3pm it was showing 38!!!

(
    Now I know why we live in the North of France!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• 'twas lovely and warm today but there was a cooling breeze.

This had two consequences;

I was able to get out into the potager and plant red and yellow onions and do a bit of digging

Took the MX5 out to Montlucon with the top off and can now hardly breathe because of hayfever

Oh well, you win some and you loose some
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Really hot here too today and i've no rain butts on the land....i know there is a river running by but i havent worked out how to get the water out of the river and onto the land yet!!!It will become urgent over the next few days ...but monday is a bank holiday, tuesday is walk day, wednesday we are having some new windows installed, thursday we have to get french number plates for the car, leaves Friday......so will have to spend early evening carting water down in the watering can, trugs etc...
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

• Beautiful and hot here today too, only I was working in the butter factory, being all grumpy that I couldnt be in the garden.
          Ah well, had well watered all that could be, and is great for hardening stuff off to.
          B'nuts going in tomorrow as going to be gorgeous again according to the attractive weather lady on TF2.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• Bob, I'm going to put my butternuts in today also (working in garden around going to a wedding) and this year going to try to grow them on the fruit cage with the vines and the blackcurrants, should be interesting.
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• As you all have said, it's been hot here. It was still 28 yesterday evening when we went out for a meal, but had cooled down to comfortable by the time it was time for bed. Yet despite all the hot, dry weather in the last couple of weeks, my potager is still damp just beneath the surface - one advantage of keeping the surface hoed and acting like a mulch. It's only the germinating seeds and young plants that need some water at the moment. But because we are having a large extension built (screed went down over underfloor heating pipes yesterday) we don't have any water butts as our guttering was removed from where they were. I will have to wait until all is finished before I put in some recuperateurs - so will have to depend on the hose pipe!

Comment

• Well, was up with the larks (very lazy larks I agree) and was in the garden early doors extending my newest raised bed, in only my shorts. Luckily I have no neighbours. Cracking the flags here, beautiful warm day, over 45 in the greenhouse even with door and window open.
                Got my blue banana butternut squash in, will do the rest this afternoon after a bit of last day of the season footy action, allez les rouges et noirs.
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• Day off yesterday! Took an exploritory trip round the area and had a lazy lunch in a nearby town. Another bright warm sunny day today so back to the never ending weed battle. So far I think I am winning, that is until we get rain then they will start to get their own back.
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Just had a brilliant weekend. Been sooooooooooo hot again, spent Saturday morning in the garden, Saturday afternoon at the weddings of a friend's son, evening we went out for a meal, really long but great day.

Yesterday was just a long, fairly lazy (well, if you call gardening all day lazy) day, managed to organise more of the garden, got more plants in, strung another of my new pea frames, started netting a wooden fruit cage for the goosberries and met the new neighbours from Paris who have bought the adjoining plot to build their retirement home on. So there will now be 3 houses in our little hameau.

Off to chum's for lunch today under their trees but via Weldom (if it's open) cos I got a voucher for my birthday (10% off, well worth having one of their fidelity cards) and I need a few bits and bobs to finish the revamped watering system
                    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• birthday today and a bank holiday too.....the road will be busy so will go down to the river and get some gardening in!
                      Absolutely pi**ed down yesterday (just prior to small soiree which was held indoors)so the soil should be workable.....
                      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

• Was a cool 25C yetesterday
                        ....less of a breeze today..best get on with building the composts now the ground is cleared before it gets too hot!

Had a couple of strawberries - got a whole punnet load to pick today...at last!!!!!
                        Last edited by Nicos; 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Wandered round the garden this morning and picked a bowl of cherry's and strawbs for my brekkie. Yummy.
                          Another hot one, although slightly cloudier than recently. Supposed to have storms over the weekend I saw on the weather last night.
                          Bob Leponge

Comment

• Cherries????

...oh yep- bound to be storms Sunday morning- we've got a 6 hr ferry crossing!!

YouTube - Ferry From Hell

Comment

• My cherries have been eaten for over a fortnight Nicos.
                              Apparently the storms on Sunday morning are going to be the worst in living memory!!!
                              Bob Leponge

Comment

• Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                                Apparently the storms on Sunday morning are going to be the worst in living memory!!!

You're a nasty nasty man M. Leplonge!

( you are joking..right???)
                                Last edited by Nicos; 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X