No announcement yet.

France

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've cut two old (UK bought) recuperateur in half, drilled the bottoms and use those for planting HSL seeds in and have a large 500l French recuperateur that has split (long story) that I need to cut in half to use for similar. Sort of round mini raised beds. Don't like to throw things away, like the crepi tubs, you never know etc etc ...........
    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• you know how the french never throw anything away ? I've been searching for old pallets for ages and yesterday my luck was in ...my neighbours (english) are having a pool put in and their pool company left loads of pallets lying about so we've put them in the garage and hoping they dont ask for them back ......i can make at least
      two compost heap holders (a small one for the garden , a big one for the river plot)
      an animal tractor (so i can take the hens down to the river plot and move them around whilst they eat all the weeds...

any other ideas?
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

• Yep - I've kept several palettes, from building deliveries for our extension, to extend the compost bins. I think they aren't too worried about having to take back old palettes.

After all of that rain and now hot sun, I am having to use my Mantis tiller to break up the now dry and hard surface of the potager before it becomes total concrete! At least it keeps me out of trouble and I have an excuse not to go shopping!

Comment

• Hot , hot, sweaty ..and hot today!!!

...could it be my hormones ??????

NOPE!!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Don't know about you but it's definitely me
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Sooooooooo hot today, strimmed some of the back into the woods this morning, 3 T shirt and boxers day I was so hot - tho the afternoon was spenty in the shade doing quieter things, like cutting the 500l recup in half
              TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• been hot here but its just started to rain................
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

• Seriously stormy last evening but this morning looks quite fine tho wet underfoot. May get the strimming finished later if it doesn't rain
                  TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• Ditto re storms last night. This morning is quite misty, I can't see the village on top of the hills opposite us. The sun was trying to break through half an hour ago, but has given up! Storms are predicted for today. I am not too worried as we are going to friends for lunch and have a games afternoon.

Comment

• It's so hot here, been out strimming all morning because the sun had already dried out the grass from the storm last night.

Think I may get some plants in the raised beds this afternoon, weather permitting, I've got some sweet peas to put in that are in danger of flowering
                      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• What a bizarre day, really overcast, grey and no sun but so warm again, very humid!

Still, managed a few hours outside, caught the sun yesterday in chum's garden (working on the new potager) so took it a bit easy today but managed to get the new olelisk (no 2) on one of the half barrels and built a frame for the sweet peas. Just need to site it and string it tomorrow
                        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

• Just to let you know that it not all the Southerners who get the heat, 28C here today and too hot to garden.
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Same here..27 C...burnt my sunburn!!!!

Nice change from paddling in the mud!!!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yesterday was 27 here in the morning - 30 in afternoon. There was no chance doing ANYTHING in the afternoon except watch the F1 GrandPrix. The weather forecast says that it is going to get cooler mid week. All the plants are pushing on with this weather - especially the grass!!

Comment

• Meteo France has got to be the crappest weather forecasting system in the world. It's been telling us that we'll have storms for days now and nothing, rien! Been so humid tho, really really hot (was well over 30 yesterday) but still very overcast and so humid, absolutely dripping in an hour outside yesterday.

After a morning in the market, made a pasta/moule dish for lunch and then worked outside from 3 ish until 9ish with a short break for tea. Got the newly made sweet pea frame strung and the sweet peas in, plus some yard-long beans in their new recycled recuperateur pot with their new obelisk to grow up.

Really started to use the garden woodworking skills that I haven't really used for years, life is pretty good
                                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X