No announcement yet.

Wales - South

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I discovered, quite by accident, that my local GP is a top banana qualified osteopath, which is why he's been able to administer Prolotherapy...and I've prolly realistically, only got another two or three spinal injections to follow, but only he will be the judge of that as far as I'm concerned.
    Did you have those spinal injections yourself Glutton?
    I DID take the camera with me on my walk across the old Severn Bridge today.

Photographically, it's difficult, because, as is my want, I walk with traffic coming towards me, and that means that I'm photographing into the sun on the Aust side of the bridge, and away from the sun on the Cheppie side when I return.
    I physically struggled hugely to complete the walk back today, but I'm still really motivated.
    And when my man Trousers can fix the ailing computer, youi'll be able to see what I can see on those lovely walks too.

And I am here to tell you that the heat of the sun was so strong, that I had to remove my fleece four times along the journeys, and then the clouds muddled in and the bridge was much colder by half past three.
    Last edited by wellie; 07-10-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Yesterday's beautiful walk over The Old Severn Bridge encountered 'much more traffic', and, by that I mean, not lorries and cars on the proper business of the bridge, but the likes of people like me, and joggers, and two blokes and a lady. The lady clearly started the walk, like me, in a T-Shirt, with a fleece/jumper on top. And by the time the two of us smiled at each other and said hello, she had completed her walk, and no longer had her fleece/jumper on. And therefore, I knew, just KNEW that she had really enjoyed her walk.
      And that was a terrific beginning for my today walk, because she hugely lifted my spirits. Where my front calf muscles were really aching, and I just didn't want to walk across the bridge today, I put my best foot forward, and kept going until I got to the other side.

Funnily enough, I hadn't realised just how jealous my boyfriend was, but even so, I'd like to thank each and every one of you that actively 'TOOT TOOTS' me on my way back over the bridge on my homeward journey to Cheppie again, because it seriously, seriously drives me forwards on that difficult stretch home, and seriously, I can't begin to thank you enough for the encouragement that that gives me.....
      And I just HAD to burst out laughing to myself, as a couple passed me on a Tandem Bike, with her on the back seat, just so annoyed at not being able to see beyond her Husbands' Arse.....?
      Oh, and it was dead cloudy over the bridge today.
      But tomorrow is another day. And I like that.....
      Isn't it supposed to be sunshining in Wales tomorrow?

Seriously, Thank You for Listening....X
      Last edited by wellie; 09-10-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

It was supposed to be sunny and warm (21 degrees or something?) yesterday I think. broken sunshine here today, not sure what its like near the bridge though!

Comment

The Bridge has been dead lovely it has. I've got my next injection on Monday, for which I don't give a flying 'wotsit' what the weather'll be like whilst the needle goes in, only what it'll be like for when I get back out walking thereafter, and I'll be sure to let you know.X.

Comment

I think the phrase goes something like this: " Bugger. Bugger. Bugger"? and had I been intelligent enough to recognise my Doctor telling me in the first instance that the first injection he'd be doing was 'less inflammatory', I maybe might have put two and two together, realising that if that was the case, there was a veritable volcano yet to materialise through the course of the second injection.
            My powers of deduction rarely let me down, and, my suspicions weren't wrong.

It was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day yesterday across The Old Severn Bridge, but sadly, I missed it, because, every time I woke up in bed, I fell asleep again. The least of my troubles was that my bottom was full of pins and needles, and quite clearly, must belong to someone other than me......

Not today though!! and once again, the weather in our gorgeous part of the world was just amazing. Absolutely STUNNING Blue Sky, fluffy white clouds, and personally, I've got much less of a numb bum as I write to you, so feel that my bottom may indeed be returning to live with me this evening for the first time since Monday morning, for a change, which'll be nice....

We've had one or two frosts here of a night now, and I'm thrilled, so far, that my fresh herb bed is still protected enough from the elements by the old apple tree, that I can still actively harvest to my hearts' content, so Thank You Mother Nature. X

Comment

Mixed weather today here, with loads of sun, loads of cloud, breezes, no rain though.
              You?

Comment

It was lovely when I passed the transporter bridge in Newport today on my way home from visiting my parents and just as clean and crisp here in Melksham.

Comment

Wellie, I think you are very brave walking over the Severn Bridge after having had a cup of coffee in Aust.
                  I did the very same walk a couple of years ago after having a coffee. Remember that there are NO toilets on the bridge!!
                  Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

ladylottie,
                    in approximately half an hour, depending on what actual time my mother gave birth to me, I'm about to turn fifty years of age, and you don't just have a coffee, and walk the entire Old Severn Bridge (and back again) on a daily basis, with a coffee inbetweeny, in my opinion, WITHOUT having Plan B up your sleeve, and particularly when your name is Wellie, and her ex-husband was going to have engraved on her tombstone: "Hang on, I just want to go for a wee again?"....!

Pin me up against a wall, and I've never yet had to use it in an emergency, but I own my very own SHE WEE girls, and I have the boxers to prove it.....

(5r44444444444r5tttttt444) and I humbly apologise, but my gorgeous cat has just spoken that to you across my keyboard, whatever it means.X?!)

We have had THE most amazing weather here today on and around the Old Severn Bridge peoples again today, and I can't begin to describe the smile that it has put onto my 'very nearly' 50-year old face!!X

Comment

ON the 26th October, my 50th Birthday, the Welsh Weather was, what can only be described as either diabolical, or crap, and you're at liberty to choose which description you'd personally prefer.

To be honest, Trousers drove me down to a complete surprise of a venue to celebrate my Half Century that day, and without a word of a lie, the weather was crap all the way there..... so that's MY liberty of a description, just in case you're asking.
                      But of course, as soon as we got to the GORGEOUS Hurst House On The Marsh in Carmarthenshire, (Google it, it's brilliant?) given that we had to walk across a beautiful Courtyard to unload luggage, the darkness of those rainclouds magically disappeared, and were never to be seen again in the next 24 hours.

Well, what can I say about The Weather in the South of Wales on Wednesday 27th October? It was so gorgeous, Trousers and I decided not to travel back to 'a field somewhere near Chepstow', but to drive on down a bit further, so we did.

I can't say my spacial skills were top banana after celebrating quite so gorgeously the night before, (Trousers told me I was driving like a Numpty actually.... which was particularly choice coming from a bloke suffering from excruciating Gout, talking to a Woman In Her Fifties, driving in The Wrong Boots and suffering from Sacro-Illiacs..........)
                      But I did manage to negotiate the truck single-track via Nat Sav along the salt-spray of a Welsh beach coast enough to reach Tenby, where we walked/hobbled and enjoyed the entire town. And bought a box of Fudge for my friend back home, that said all over the front of the box "THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AFTER MY CAT"...!

Anyhow, I digress... Yesterdays' sunniness has turned into a bit of a murky mess today here, but who cares, eh?
                      Whilst there's food to be cooked or preserved, a home to be loved and cleaned, there's never a dull moment, even if the weather threatens to be.

Incidentally.... Do you have some as well? or Am I the only one in South Wales with Weather lately?

Comment

We've had some short sharp frosts here now over the last few days, and I kind of like that, because it brings the garden birds out foraging for insects. They get the grubs, and I get to enjoy the beauty of those garden birds. I have to make a decision shortly as to actually WHEN I put the birdfeeders full of peanuts out.

I know this is a weather thread, but for me, weather and wildlife kind of cross over, and I'm not bothered, unless you are?
                        And largely, round about South Wales, according to Trousers, we're in for a wet spell now..... so whooopie doo.X

Comment

I'm liking this Wellie-Diary thread

Comment

As long as chrismarks and I are enjoying this thread, that's fine by me?!

I only thought I'd 'Jazz It Up A Bit', because for me, listening to people talk about the weather on a forum, is like trying to get enthusiastic about watching paint dry in a room of wet paint with your boyfriend, and personally, I've not managed to master the art of that convincingly enough to fool my man Trousers, who happens to be a painter and decorator....

So, continuing on with 'Wellie's Weather in Wales', I've managed to get out into the kitchen garden quite a few times now since we last spoke, but I think it was the digging up of the enormously deeply rooted parsnips when we had that beautifully sunny Saturday last weekend that my osteopathic doctor was least impressed with me for, and as punishment, I'm now required to do additional leg exercises as well as Walking My Sox Off, in order to repair some of the damage that I've done.
                            Clearly, "Because I thought I was strong enough" didn't appear to have the same 'ring' to it as the advert that says "Because I'm worth it", so very very BAD Wellie indeedy evidently?....

But, on a lighter note, and prior to my Doctors' Appointment, with a few beautiful sunny days, I managed to mow the lawns and kitchen garden grass paths two or three times.

The Yew Tree berries are unctuously appealing to all of our garden berry-loving birds right now with a few frosts on them, and Trousers tells me that Snow is on its way to us toward the end of next week.

Comment

Blimey, wish I could mow our lawn, it's long but just sodden Amazing pea-soup fog this morning though!

Comment

Well after weeks of snow ice and very low temperatures the weather has finally changed but I think only for a few days. The snow has nearly all gone but it is very wet and not digging weather yet. It is foggy but not to thick with viability at least 200yds.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X