No announcement yet.

Scotland - South

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major wind damage here on Thursday, Greenhouse completley flatened and fence down :-(

Snow today so can't find flattened greenhouse to dismantle and skip ( Yes it is beyond repair!)

Hope everyone else is ok?

Mandy

Comment

Commiserations! Be careful of the broken glass.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Commiserations! Be careful of the broken glass.
        Thanks Veggiechicken,

Luckily I decided on a polycarbonate before I got the hens.....just in case and I am so glad that I did!

Need to decide now on what to replace this with as the frame is so twisted and even snapped/torn in places.

Mandy

Comment

Sound choice! I lost a greenhouse to a falling tree branch and I'm still finding bits of glass in the soil. Hope it warms up for you soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mandy. I haven't been down to check for any damage yet, suppose I should go tomorrow.
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Ananke,

I hope everything is ok when you check!

I am in a bit of a wind tunnel here so fingers crossed you are ok.

Mandy

Comment

Hi Mandy, things weren't too bad. A perspex panel off the roof of one greenhouse, some snapped canes that were holding the netting up over the savoy cabbages and all the seed blown off my coriander. If you find any growing in the spring and wonder where it came from......

We took a wander around the site and some of the damage was quite bad, like yourself, whole greenhouses twisted and snapped, sheds completely destroyed, it was such a sad sight to see.
                My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X