No announcement yet.

Best Gardening Equipment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was longing to start a thread called 'what's your favourite tool' then realised what I'd be saying....
    I have a strimmer on wheels which I love. its petrol driven, eats up weeds and long grass and stuff. is known throughout the family as the Zimmer Strimmer.

Comment

My Favourtie Tool

Originally posted by fruit&vegvirgin
      I was longing to start a thread called 'what's your favourite tool' then realised what I'd be saying....
      My favourite tool is my OH

Oh, did I really just say that? I think he'd give up helping me out if he knew I'd refered to him as a 'tool'
      Last edited by Shortie; 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM.
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

well, at least he's useful shortie!! more than you can say of a lot of men!
        (mine's lovely tho)

Comment

do I detect a touch of Greenham common coming out here. I would love to answer you post SBP, but heaven knows what LJ would be googling
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

lol! I once got directed to a site whose name I'm not sure I should post here, but lets just say, it was a bunch of blokes displaying their Sticky Willies, so that people could give them a rating!!!!! kind of like 'do you garden at home or on a lottie', only rather more XXX rated.

Comment

I was at uni in a class ages back and decided to try and look up a website of the book company osborne. I had my lecturer stood behind me a a few Uni mates watching my screen too.

Any way, it certainly wasn't a book site I ended up at, if you catch my drift.

None of us could see the spelling mistake and wondered if their address was hijacked or something, but I was mighty embarassed!
              Last edited by Shortie; 12-04-2006, 10:15 PM. Reason: My usual fantastic spelling
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

tools

Getting back to garden tools... I've bought a thing in the 99p shop which is dead useful. It's got a 12" handle with a fork at right angles on one side and a thing shaped like a leaf on the other. Like a double-sided cultivator. Very handy for weeding in between things. Seems quite sturdy for 99p too.

Comment

My long handled dutch hoe with its sharp edge. It makes hoe hoe hoeing quite a pleasant task.

Comment

My foldaway seat....(and coffee flask) to help me recover
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You guessed it - spelling

Originally posted by noshed
                      Getting back to garden tools... I've bought a thing in the 99p shop which is dead useful. It's got a 12" handle with a fork at right angles on one side and a thing shaped like a leaf on the other. Like a double-sided cultivator. Very handy for weeding in between things. Seems quite sturdy for 99p too.
                      I got that one too last weekend! I haven't used it yet but figured I could use the leafy shaped side to make drills for my seedlings... they also had a largish wooden fork and digger in a pack for 99p which I 'splashed out' on.

I think my most useful item at the moment has to be the newspaper pots as it now means I will never, ever be without pots to grow my seedlings!
                      Last edited by Shortie; 13-04-2006, 11:39 AM.
                      Shortie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X