No announcement yet.

50p Seeds?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, now it's not a competition. My excuse some for my sister and some from school (possibly) rest for me.

Comment

My excuse - I bought some to give away .........one packet for BB and one for.......ermmmmmm...............someone else ...........which leaves only 50 packets for me

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        105 packets of seeds I know when I've been beaten
        Yeah I did go OTT ... I'm donating some to my children's school... They wanted to do a 'grow and show' so this will work really well ... I came out with a basket full the poor checkout operator must have thought I was mad !!!

Comment

What else can you buy for 50p these days - not even a stamp!
          At this price you can afford to try out seeds that you wouldn't think of buying at £3. Although I have loads of seeds, most of them have been bought at these sales or through special offers or swaps. I do like a bargain

Comment

What else can you buy for 50p these days - not even a stamp!
            At this price you can afford to try out seeds that you wouldn't think of buying at £3. Although I have loads of seeds, most of them have been bought at these sales or through special offers or swaps. I do like a bargain
            I brought some that were originally £4.99 for 3 seeds !!! Crazy money !!! But at 50p they are worth a go !!
            Last edited by Wapwap79; 29-08-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

What were they Wapwap? I may have to go and buy some!! I have 2 packets of 4 seeds for £4.99. Carmen cucumber and Pomegranate.

Comment

I, erm, went back. I had a detour this morning. Managed to purchase more than on my initial visit . Still not as many as some

I got a few things I missed the first time and a few things I want to try (asparagus pea), some of they £4 cucumbers and various other delights.

I need to not buy any seeds now until 2016.

There was still *lots* in Swansea, although I did see a man getting upset that he could not find double spiky Dahlias. Thankfully he did eventually find them and his head did not pop.
                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

What were they Wapwap? I may have to go and buy some!! I have 2 packets of 4 seeds for £4.99. Carmen cucumber and Pomegranate.
                  I will look when I get home....

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Wasn't able to get there till today, but even though the racks were half empty, still came home with 22 packets
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

Does anyone think Homebase have reduced seeds? Am passing there tomorrow but it is quite a detour to the proper garden centre and its not as though I actually neeeeeed anything specific...

Comment

I finally got to our local gc at quarter past four this afternoon, expecting all the good stuff to have gone. But no, I found 20 different packets easily enough (15 veg and 5 flower). How happy am I
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Oh see I'm tempted to drive there tomorrow now!

Comment

You know you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet194 View Post
                              Does anyone think Homebase have reduced seeds?.
                              In answer to my own question no they do not - the seeds are the usual price. However outside I spotted reduced plants and bagged 3 chilli plants all different with loads of chillies hanging off for £2 and 10 feeble looking PSB for £1. Don't know if the PSB was a good buy as never grown it before but hey for a pound I'll stick it in and see. Might experiment with some of them in greenhouse border.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet194 View Post
                                Might experiment with some of them in greenhouse border.
                                experimenting is the best way to learn!

i just bagged 24 packs of seeds in wyevale - and the missus found a book she can't put down - looks like i'm on my own with the harvest this year ....
                                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X