No announcement yet.

50p Seeds?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reminder,seeds always welcomed,need to go through my stash,and make a list of what groups i would like,then choose from whats on offer,last year all the seeds were mixed up in several tubs,do they all do the same,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Last year at blooms (J12, M5), they kept the seeds in order on the racks for a while, but at some time later they end up in a wheelbarrow.
      The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
      William M. Davies

Comment

called at wyevale last friday and at the moment theres 50% off all seeds veg & flower , got my cucinos for next year but i will keep calling in on a regular basis waiting for the final reduction

Comment

just realized i am with Wy@@@s gardening club,and get regular emails,i hope to get the heads up on this matter,seem to remember from last year when i joined,about saving even more money,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Local garden centres in the north east have pack of seeds @ 50 % what they were too

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
              just realized i am with Wy@@@s gardening club,and get regular emails,i hope to get the heads up on this matter,seem to remember from last year when i joined,about saving even more money,
              They send the email a day or so after the price changes... I discovered that last year. I wound up forming a temporary alliance with a few other passing customers, so we all looked for what everyone wanted. Great fun
              My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

I've done that bonding thing too!! There's always someone who'll hold up a packet of something unusual - like Asparagus Peas - and ask what on earth they are. Then I have to chip in with whatever I know about them, and before I know what's happened everyone else has basketsful of seeds and I'm still yabbering on about asparagus peas I think its a cunning plan to stop me buying the best seeds

Comment

As I was slicing a cucumber today I noticed seeds in it which I extracted and saved until next year

I will try this with my tomatoes eventually and whatever else I can if I can get round to it.

Comment

Originally posted by vikkib View Post
                    Yep!

The good ol' 50p a pack scramble!

Last year my friends and I went along, pulled up some chicken manure pellet buckets to sit on and settled down for about an hour of trawling through the packs!

Much fun was had by us and many a snooty look from passing customers too!
                    Images of the goods springing to mind With Geraldine. tied up outside the garden center
                    Last edited by Shroomy; 08-08-2013, 08:00 AM.
                    My Wifes Blog

Comment

I've just had the gardening club email about 50% reduction on seeds, fruit bushes etc etc. Getting nearer to that magical 50p witching hour

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        I've just had the gardening club email about 50% reduction on seeds, fruit bushes etc etc. Getting nearer to that magical 50p witching hour
                        I was just looking at that email and thinking the same! Can't wait!
                        http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          that's the day that i usually meet with vvg for a coffee, and we have a rummage and furtle together.
                          there is nothing beats a good furtle..

Comment

I keep nervously checking this thread incase they decide to do it early.
                            While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Garden centre group (Wyvale) 2013 Sale (50p seed packets)

28th August - 1st October 2013!

Gogogo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Thanks, Chris!

BTW, that's Wyevale to those who don't keep up with the times!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X