No announcement yet.

Mowerland Multitool (4 in 1)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is the opposite, as it is right handed and a left handed person would find it hard to use. The label say it was made by Husqvarna.

Yes they should made a bottle for both.

It does look like IW source product from lots of different suppliers, a bit of a hit or miss on what actually gets delivered.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well I'm left handed so it's fine for me!

Another question which may sound daft but could you run through exactly how you start the Ryobi unit? I've got a smaller Ryobi unit which I have no problem with which has the same choke set up etc. However I'm finding it takes time to start the larger unit.

So any tips please? In particular when starting it do you hold the throttle control in at all there stages? How many times do you prime it, pull the starter cord in each stage etc.

Sorry for basic questions but there might just be something else I can do.

Comment

For me from cold, I prime the button 8 times.
        Set the choke position to bottom.
        Pull cord twice.
        Move choke to middle position and pull to start.
        after 30 sec move choke to run position.

If you are having a problem check the air filter that it is clean?

Comment

Derek is on today with the Ryobi touch start machine and IW are being a bit naughty. Firstly they showed some VT of the pruner in action except it was VT of the genuine Ryobi pruner when they are still providing their own brand one. Secondly when they put up a slide showing the cost of buying the components separately they also showed a picture of the genuine Ryobi pruner.

I also note they have changed the hedgecutter attachment they provide to one that doesn't angle. It looks like the Ryobi one style wise but I don't think it is. Another own brand one.

My hedgecutter attachment has broken now. The bracket that allows it angle has sheared off. I had a lot of trouble with it. Grease was coming out the casing. It used to vibrate a lot and the locking nut for changing the angle used to come loose no matter how hard I tightened it.

Comment

Just watched it, the main unit is the branded item, but the attachments are not.

When they showed the VT it all had Ryobi in the demo.

They are a bit naughty not saying this.

I also think that if they know a product is defective they should do a product recall.

Comment

Originally posted by WrexTheDragon View Post
              Just watched it, the main unit is the branded item, but the attachments are not.

When they showed the VT it all had Ryobi in the demo.

They are a bit naughty not saying this.

I also think that if they know a product is defective they should do a product recall.
              Yes especially as the pruner in the VT was Ryobi's new version which is is set at an angle and is significantly different to IW's one.

When I saw it earlier they didn't mention the hedgecutter was a different one so I don't know if they have given up on the other one or if this is a one off. They were also selling separately a brush cutter attachment which was an own brand. Don't think this Ryobi came with it's own blade?

I know they don't have to say anything but I do wonder if some viewers understand what they are getting. Derek is quite good at changing stories depending what machine he is selling. IW seem to like to play up Derek's "good ole Derek" persona.

Comment

Hello everyone

I have just been searching the Net for this very Mower-land mnachine and came across this forum so here I am and I hope you will bear with me.

Long long story but I too have seen these for sale on Ideal World but they are so expensive on everything that I always look for the same elsewhere. I have found one very reasonably priced but I too am wondering if I should pay extra for a Ry-obi.

I have a jungle of a garden with a 30' pear tree on its side across it diagonally. This now has nettles, brambles, ivy and allsorts marauding over it.

I had collected quite a collection of power tools in order to tackle the job as no-one had offered to come and help me cut the tree up. I had a chainsaw, brushcutter, strimmers, allsorts till 3 weeks ago when a very kind burglar took them all from my shed. Apart from feeling very anxious now in my home I was gutted that he even took some things that my children used to use when they were little.

This is why I am now considering buying an all in one tool which I can keep indoors as the police have said no-one should keep things in a shed anymore, they are too vulnerable.

The bottom line then is will this tool cut through a very old pear tree trunk and branches, will the brushcutter cope with clearing the nettles and brambles and then the strimmer give me some sort of lawn back. I know nothing about engines or maintenance of them.

I will need lots of conifers cutting back too afterwards as the police have recommended that I make my property much more visible from the road. I have had a heart attack a few years back and can't lift heavy tools for too long at a time. No, I mean I can't lift heavy tools period but can lift lighweight ones for a short while.

Is the Mowerland 4 in 1 worth buying?

Comment

Queen of the Jungle.

I'd go to a hire shop..

Comment

Money permitting, I'd be tempted to get some quotes.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

They are heavy bit of kit that you have have issues with the balance and starting the motor.

Yes, the brushcutter will make easy work of brambles.
                      No, the chainsaw is a branch pruner, I would not do anything more than 4 inches.
                      No, the strimmer is not for lawns only edges and around trees.

IW show video of Ryobi kit, but Derek replace it with his cheap import version called "Handy".

The other issue is how do you get rid of all the stuff after the work.

I would be tempted to get someone else to do the work.

Comment

I ordered a Mowerland multitool last week from Ideal World.
                        It arrived today.
                        On inspection I noticed the casing had not been bolted together properly and had a 3mm gap down one side.
                        So much for Derek visiting the factory and inspecting the quality of the product.
                        Ideal World now want me to sit at home all day next week so they can collect it and they will hold onto my money (£180 ) for 20 days before I get a refund.
                        Now that’s service

Comment

This is why I hate Ideal World. I hate the fact that their call centre is in India and I hate the fact that their customer service is so difficult to get in touch with.

You are ok ordering something that is simple and will not have to be returned but they are a shambles otherwise and they just don't listen to the public's opinion of them

I have had some quotes for my garden but they are absolutely ridiculous and I just wish I had the tools myself. My old brushcutter was too heavy for me to use but if I could get hold of a lightweight oe then I would start to tackle it bit by bit mysefl.

God, I hare being a woman sometimes.

Comment

Out of interest the "handy" hedgetrimmer attachment Derek supplies that he says is £69.99 is on sale at my local Mole Valley Farmers (farmers merchants) for £29.99. Sort of gives a more accurate idea of it's real quality and value doesn't it? Also goes some way to explaining why they don't supply genuine Ryobi attachments.

Always difficult as IW do things as kits (do the same with Karcher) and it's very hard to see what the true value is and just about impossible to do a direct price comparison.
                            Last edited by DavidT; 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Hedgetrimmer Multi tool.

Originally posted by rayj View Post
                              I have just recently ordered one of these from Ideal World TV. Has anyone else bought one? More importantly if you have, how do you find it's performance. Unfortunately I am still waiting for mine to be delivered and have various jobs lined up for all four functions - Trimming, Brushcutting, Hedgecutting and Pruning.
                              I have just bought one. When I tried the Hedgecutter out, although the bldes are sharp they won't cut. Help?

Comment

Do both blades move when you squeeze the trigger or does the engine noise increase and no movement?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X