X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothhawk
    replied
    Half pint cream pots make excellent containers for potting on. I seem to have a lot of them. Can't imagine how....

Leave a comment:

• Mumbles
    replied
    Play-doh tubs make great pots to start seeds in. And if your child is anything like mine you'll have hundreds of pots in no time

Leave a comment:

• KevinM67
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Old sun lounger frame covered with chicken wire for drying rack. Folds in three for easy storage.
    Great idea !!!

I've got 2 old rusted ones in the garage that I've been meaning to get rid of.

It's been a great read going through this thread - I never even realised we had a 'Top Tips' section.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    S'OK, G4. You wouldn't have known as it was requested by PM

Leave a comment:

• Glutton4...
    replied
    Oh, must've missed that. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    ^^^ They asked Admin to terminate their membership, but their posts stay.

Leave a comment:

• Glutton4...
    replied
    The link on post 186 doesn't seem to be working.

Also just noticed that the user's post status is 'guest' and that's a new one on me!

Leave a comment:

• Lumpy
    replied
    I got a couple of wall mirrors off Freecycle and put them opposite a small raised veggie bed to bounce the sunlight off in an area that loses the sunshine quite early.

3 stacked tyres make a brilliant planter for well behaved winter squash such as Baby Bear. The plant trails down rather than across and the fruit are put into the foot of old tights that has been pinned to the tyre to support them.

Leave a comment:

• NoTWHaTiTWaSNT
    replied
    I love me pallets ....

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...kbeds-crop.jpg

Leave a comment:

• shushkin!
    replied
    I use the bottom third section of the big (4 litre etc) plastic milk containers for rooting cuttings in. The plastic is semi opaque milky white so it just gives the right amount of light and creates the perfect humid microclimate for the cuttings to successfully root in. I either put a perlite and sowing compost mix in container for the cuttings to go straight in or stick the cuttings into their own individual soil plugs. It works a treat for me.

Leave a comment:

• Mumbles
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Old sun lounger frame covered with chicken wire for drying rack. Folds in three for easy storage.
    We have 3 sun loungers at the mo but I have a sneaky feeling one is about to go missing 😗

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^ that is so obvious!...I'd never have thought about that...what a good idea !

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Artychoke
    replied
    I collect the cardboard coffee cups from the coffee place at work ( colleagues put them on my desk now!). They are great for peas and beans that like a long root run and for potting on things that need depth not width. Once empty they can go on the compost heap.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

• NoTWHaTiTWaSNT
    replied
    Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Wherer would we be without the umbequitous pallet?

Useful for all sorts of things like using them whole around a compost heap.

The sky's the limit with what can be made with them from chicken coops to plant labels, raised beds to sheds,net supports to cold frames, broody huts to storage boxes..and on...and on.......and on etc
    I Concur

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...n-supports.jpg

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X