rent of your plots does it cost a lottie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
    Ours are council run, and we pay £36 pa full price or £18 for concessions. We have water and a skip for rubbish (no bonfires allowed )
    Not a bad price really, less than £1 per week.
    MB did not mention the size of our lottie (300sq yards +)
    I will get MB to post photos later on.
    Last edited by bubblewrap; 02-04-2007, 03:14 PM.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

£ 14.50 a year for a plot 25' by 80' this also includes membership to the national allotment association .
      water is a stream , sheds and polytunnels and fires are allowed and only nine rules. ( only know one and was told by the chair man if i break any of the other eight he will let me know if he can remember ! )
      we also have a poo fairy , pig muck delivered strait to the plot.
      ---) CARL (----
      ILFRACOMBE
      NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Mine is run by a private charity in East London. It's about 45m long by 6m wide and costs £30 rent to the charity and £10 subs to the allotment to cover the water rates etc.

Comment

ours are council run £1.60 per pole OAPs half price water butts March to october sheds allowed no bigger than 8x6 greenhouses polytunnels also no bonfires 1 hour before dusk or they get put out by locals

Comment

Mine is £25 a year, managed by local town council. Water provided (approx 1 tap per 4 plots), locked gate, sheds allowed, manure provided free, grass cut regularly by guys testing out mowers from old flymo factory.

I was also offered a larger, association run plot in a nearby village at a rent of £12 per year but plumped for the council one because it was less isolated!

Seems to be a variety of rents paid across the country with South Shields being the most expensive!
            Julie

Comment

£32.00 a year for a 252m2 water/ B fire site/ Sheds and green houses not a problem.
              Its council run and a quick phone call and you got leaf mould/ chippings/ compost. Got a local farm for muck £15.00 a load but i get mine free cos i used to work for him Chooks are fine to, So not bad in my eyes.

Comment

Private allotment association site
                rent = £13.39
                NSALG fee = £1.75
                Local garden federation fee = £1.00
                Insurance = £2.50
                Water = £4.00

Total = £22.64 for half a plot.

Already recovered more than this with the discount at the local nursery.
                Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

£36 per full plot.
                  Includes BAR, Shop,Canteen.
                  Sub committess for Chicks, Bees, Social Club.

If you have trees on your plot you are not allowed to chop them. If they need to come down you need to repace them with the same viarity before you cut them down.

Consesions..Unemployed must pay £100 and can use any of the amienites.Cos they should be out looking for a job and not gardening.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Perry View Post
                    Ours is £78 per annum, might be the highest in the north east.
                    All the best
                    Fred P
                    You always pay more for a sea view!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ours are £71 per annum plus water charges - I think it was about £80 I paid in January for 300 sq.ft. !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                        Consesions[sic]..Unemployed must pay £100 and can use any of the amienites.Cos they should be out looking for a job and not gardening.
                        Oooh...what about cripples then? Should they be locked away in a home?
                        We've got lots of unemployed (jobless for one reason or another) and they are the ones keeping an eye on the plots while everyone else is at (paid) work

BTW: £20 ish per year plus £5 water (altho butts encouraged). Sheds and other erections permitted. chickens & children too.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Well our Site is a private site (read website below for details - shameless plug) and the rent is £20 including ground rent, water, NSALG & the association membership.

Onaverage they are about 7m x 30m ( some are shorter & wider) or 9.5p/Sq M or about 34p per week either way it's bloody cheap but we still have folks moan.
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

We pay £10 for half a plot, we dont have a water supply but regular pony poo! Bernie aka Dexterdog
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Ours cost £16 each which includes all memberships and fees plus the use of taps for water. If you wish to use a hose pipe it is a further £8 per plot.

We have no toilet facilities but do have composted shreddings and bark chippings provided free, plus the benefits of a fully fenced site with padlocks for which there is a large deposit payable.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                                Ours cost £16 each which includes all memberships and fees plus the use of taps for water. If you wish to use a hose pipe it is a further £8 per plot.

We have no toilet facilities but do have composted shreddings and bark chippings provided free, plus the benefits of a fully fenced site with padlocks for which there is a large deposit payable.
                                Like the idea of an extra charge for hose users, bit hard to enforce though?
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X