No announcement yet.

A question about 'GYO wants your advice'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GYO is still my fave magazine - I get really excited the week before the latest copy is due to drop through my letterbox! Also, I thoroughly enjoy logging onto the Vine for everyones ideas, advice and tips - and the answer to any specific queries I may have - everyone keep up the good work! Even if we don't get a mention in the mag, we now have, how many members of the Vine is it? so everyones knowledge doesn't go to waste! DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Interesting this, was flicking through the new mag last night and was slightly confused as to why the format had been changed, ie the short quotes atributed to Mrs D etc were pretty good and it's nice to get advice from normal people as well as the resident experts. Not a complaint, more an observation / comment.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

As Lesley says, Craig and the Editorial Team are doing a great job, but sometimes when deadlines are tight and room is running short, it is not always possible.

Even if it has not been possible to use the posts in the magazine, the threads themselves are a great resource on the Grapevine in their own right.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I agree with what you say Jennie and understand the deadline issue - perhpas if it's something that has been discussed a lot on the vine then a simple reference for people reading the magazine, pointing them this way would be good - the more the merrier here etc. Just an idea, won't be offended if it's not a goer.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Just found this thread - the late Mrs Flummery - story of my life! I think magazines and forums like this serve slightly different purposes. The grapevine is such a success becasue you can ask a question and get loads of advice from experienced growers, often the same day. It's brilliant! I'm sure that a mention - of the vine if not the individual - would hearten and encourage posters but that's not what we do it for is it? We just like to share our obsession with people whose eyes don't immediately glaze over!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

i agree with silverfox about the pitcures most peolpe know s, what a carrot, cauily, snips look like yes if it,s an rarer veg that most of us would not know what they look like yes by all means show us a picture, but i think we would all like to hear more tips and projects from the vine.
              Mick aka murfe 18

Comment

Members of the editorial team visit the Grapevine regularly so they will read your post Murfe. Thanks.
                [

Comment

Well done to Waffler, Earthbabe and Nick. Their advice has been included in the May edition of GYO.
                  [

Comment

Congratulations to you all!
                    Bernie aka Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                      Well done to Waffler, Earthbabe and Nick. Their advice has been included in the May edition of GYO.
                      Well done, all.

What were they advising on, LJ, just so that I can find it quickly. Thanks.

Comment

Well done all!
                        ~
                        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

contgrats to you all
                          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Their advice is about courgettes on page 58.
                            [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                              Their advice is about courgettes on page 58.
                              Thanks - will look tonight, assuming postie has done his thing

Comment

'twas an honour to be selected into such esteemed company. Shame I found it at 11.30 - tad too early to recover from the shock with a glass of something appropriate, had a second cup of coffee instead with extra squirrty cream and chocolate sprinkles.
                                Bright Blessings
                                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X