New TV series Grow Your Own Veg!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a subject to be skirted.
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Thanks Mrs D., I had read that the show was due out but didn't know when. Eskymo- Carol is lovely with her mad hair & cheery smile & new hips (according to a lady from Robinsons Mammoth onions who I was speaking to this year!), I just hope it's better than the series she did on 'Open Gardens' which I didn't really enjoy.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Alison & Mrs D
        Setting reminders on the calendar is something everyone can do.

As for this new TV show on veg, whilst I am glad that it is CK that will be presenting it and not Sarah "The Coat" Raven, I can understand what Eskymo means about her voice, but with her practical nature, and enthusiasm for gardening in general, I feel I can forgive her that one small irritation !!
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've got a feeling that I can select mute on my TV and select subtitles instead - must look into this feature. I think it'll be worth watching though despite the presenter - It's got to be better than that programme the 'big dig' or whatever it was called - that was terrible.

Comment

Just wanna say good to hear from you again Esky !
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ah hem...!

Originally posted by eskymo View Post
              It's got to be better than that programme the 'big dig' or whatever it was called - that was terrible.

Oy..Iv'e been petitioning the BBC to repeat that show.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Never saw the Big Dig thingy, what was good / bad about it?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hey Rat - nice to be back - been too busy to post to be honest, but thought I'd pop in and say heloo before the year os over.

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                  Oy..Iv'e been petitioning the BBC to repeat that show.
                  why oh why - it was terrible! Simon Mayo has got to win a trophy for the most lacklustre presenter there has ever been and the editor had the memory span of a fish and just kept on repeating bits of the show over and over again. They obviously didn't have enough footage to fill up an hour slot, so they thought it best to just repeat bits over and over again thoughout each episode.

Comment

Everyone has an opinion, I thought it was good and if it got some of the vacant plots let so much the better.
                    Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                      Not sure if its something that I can do cos I have the MOM banner, or whether its something everyone can do, I'm sure LJ or Shortie will be able to enlighten us!

I think it's something people can do anyway... you know, I never checked before becoming a Mod, but I think NTG set one a little while back
                      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Thanks for that Mrs D - it sounds good - anything that talks about growing your own is good in my books! Dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                          I think it's something people can do anyway... you know, I never checked before becoming a Mod, but I think NTG set one a little while back
                          Yep, I put the local flower & veg sho in I think, so if I can do it ......
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Just as a point of interest I worked with Carol Klein, more years ago than I care to remember, in the days when she was teaching Art and before she became a notable gardener. She always had mad hair and was known as the 'Ageing Punk' but she knew her stuff about gardening even in those far off days.
                            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

She has the same enthusiasm that Geoff Hamilton & Geoffery Smith had on Gardeners world. I'm looking forward to it.
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

Carol Klein

Hi there, I like CK, she has that get down and dirty attitude to gardening.

She is not afraid of getting her hands covered in muck, a lady after my own heart.

Unfortunately I now have to wear gloves as my nails are very soft and always split and look such a mess.

Oh well can't have everything. Good teeth but soft nails

I am looking forward to her new programme.
                                Last edited by vron; 29-12-2006, 03:58 PM. Reason: add on
                                Vron, Tara & Harley. (The black beastie)

"The more people I meet, the more I like my Dogs"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X