Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gandalf the grey said. ‘ If in doubt follow your nose’
    Would have worked in this case.
    My credentials as a muck lover looking a bit dodgy if i cant even identify the stuff.

Comment

Well...I'm really embarrassed by mine!
      I was rushing to tidy up our patio and noticed a black plastic flower bucket half full of fluid,
      Assuming it was rainwater I chucked it onto a lovely pot of house leeks which have taken about 5years to fully establish .
      Rainwater?
      Nope
      Sump oil!
      Unbeknown to me my OH had been fitting our old lawnmower engine onto the old carcasses of another mower....and had drained it first.

No way can I rinse it out....now I'm just keeping an eye on it to see how long it takes to die off
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh bugger ....

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          I was rushing to tidy up our patio

(
          Oooopss.

How many times do I have to say this - "tidying" is not a good idea.

Comment

I was rushing to tidy up our patio and noticed a black plastic flower bucket half full of fluid,
            Assuming it was rainwater I chucked it onto a lovely pot of house leeks which have taken about 5years to fully establish .
            Rainwater?
            Nope
            Sump oil!
            Unbeknown to me my OH had been fitting our old lawnmower engine onto the old carcasses of another mower....and had drained it first.

No way can I rinse it out....now I'm just keeping an eye on it to see how long it takes to die off
            Can you not remove them from the pot, wash off all the soil, use a little light detergent to rinse it and then repot? Surely it's better to take a chance at saving them than to watch them die?
            Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
            By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
            While better men than we go out and start their working lives
            At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Rainwater?
              Nope
              Sump oil!

Im thinking they are going to the big compost heap in the sky. Although probably your own compost heap would be better without them.
              Last edited by muck lover; 27-04-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

don't want that anywhere near compost heap

Comment

Here’s this weeks mistake: I’ve not been having a lot of success getting peas and beans to germinate. They’ve been rotting.
                  I tried keeping them warmer And they just rotted faster.
                  I think I have kept them too wet?? Have resown using just-damp compost.

Comment

Dished up some boiled twine with tonight’s broccoli

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X