Big Garden Birdwatch 2018

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
    "Big Garden Birdwatch" - Don't think it means extending your garden into fields etc around you. Well that is my interpretation. Perhaps I could just exclude the geese and count everything else. Mr and Mrs Buzzard, Collar Doves, and the Jackdaws don't land in the garden that often, but watch from the line each day.
    If you are interested the Global Bird Count organised by Cornell and Audobon allows you to count anywhere any time as often as you like (via the ebird link) and can include those birds that fly over or even those you identify just by hearing them; link here GBBC | Great Backyard Bird Count

But back to BGB - it's nearly here and I bet that Goldcrest in the holly yesterday and those long tailed tits in the lilac tree will be nowhere to be seen!
    The cats' valet.

Comment

Hi 4 shoes the paperwork says you count anything that lands in your garden but not those that just fly over. But then it also says you can do the count in a local park if you like. Either way it's nearly here, has everyone warmed up their counting eyes?

Comment

Got 2 wee birds that I think are sparrows, but according to Sparrow Net they are only 5 to 7 weeks old by feather growth, colouring.

That would mean hatching around Christmas . very strange.

they are not very active, sit still. get to the bird table and occasional nibble. Don't fly off with adults and no begging, so not sure what to make of them

Comment

Too wet here for anything to fly.

Comment

Same here VC, saw a couple of house sparrows and a Starling being brave early on but got wetter and wetter quickly so nothing been about since about 9am.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X