Moved my oak and willow this morning.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved my oak and willow this morning.

I swapped my oak and willow today, the oak is in the middle of the front lawn now and the willow is down the back beside where our garden furniture is goin. The childs swing will be down there too.

The oak is going to be a massive tree so it was far too big for the back. It's 12 - 14 years old now, 18' tall but only about 4' wide. It should be over 20m tall and wide in my lifetime provided I live as long as my grandparents did. (that gives me another 47 years)

I put something around them that encourages root growth and put some good quality top soil around the root ball as well as the poor soil I have in the garden.

I hope they both survive, I'm not that worried about the oak but the willow was well established and some of the roots got cut or broken when we dug it up.

It started raining quite heavily as soon as we were done and still is a good hour later but I'll still give thm some extra water tonight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darwin.; 13-04-2013, 02:35 PM.

From my experience with willow it survives almost anything, so long as it doesn't get too dry...not much chance of that I suspect!
    The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Unless we have a very different summer this year than the last few, there's no chance of it drying out. I read on here somewhere that growing or newly planted trees need 10L of water a week, I'll make sure they get more than that for the first while anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X