I still can't stand them but ..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Watch it eirish! I guarantee you'll feel differently about them afterwards. Just as I can never bear to separate 2 snails when I catch them at it!! After all, everything is entitled to its moment of happiness
    I, however, prefer to allow them some privacy at such times.
    March is the new winter.

Comment

But it is quite beautiful and moving! If Sir David can watch them, then I can too
      I really have gained a new understanding of how it feels to be a slug
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 19-06-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Salted, snipped, squashed, drowned in cheap stale beer...

Snails, fine, I've even kept water snails as pets. Slugs, no way. I have standards, you know.
        March is the new winter.

Comment

You may have standards, eirish, but do you have a soul?

Comment

Not quite sure how to answer that one...
            March is the new winter.

Comment

As some of you may have read on the rant thread in the past, my OH is a builder. About 10 years ago we ripped out a kitchen ready for a new one...actually it could be even longer ago than that. There is still no kitchen as such and no skirting boards. Leopard slugs invade the kitchen floor every night. Most times I just leave them to it as they are gone by daybreak but when I'm really pi**ed off they are dispatched via kitchen towels and a food bag...especially the ones I have allowed to reach extortionate proportions.

Last week I had mentioned to OH about the wet weather, the plague of slugs and snails etc, etc. He made a boys own catapult from a wire coat hanger and some elastic bands. He seriously thought that some of the slugs would fit in the sling and that I would be able to position them...in all their slimey glory into said sling in order to catapult them in to infinity.

All I want him to do is fit the damn skirting board in the kitchen. He trained as a carpenter FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by eirish View Post
                Salted, snipped, squashed, drowned in cheap stale beer...

Snails, fine, I've even kept water snails as pets. Slugs, no way. I have standards, you know.
                All of the above for the slugs. New method for snails. Collect them up, position on a hard surface and crunch satisfyingly with the back of a trowel. Good tension relief too, I can highly recommend it
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                  i poured salt on each one.......looked like the dog had had several little accidents in the morning....
                  My stoopid dog was licking the salty dead slugs this morning ...
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Bet he was drinking lots of water after that TS!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      All of the above for the slugs. New method for snails. Collect them up, position on a hard surface and crunch satisfyingly with the back of a trowel. Good tension relief too, I can highly recommend it
                      Works for slugs too, albeit minus the satisfying crunch.
                      March is the new winter.

Comment

I wonder how we look to slugs? Possibly like the bottom of a large lady's boot for mine LOL - I mean the BOOT'S large people NOT the lady -= whaaaaacheet LOL !

Comment

Do I get a prize for this iddy biddy ikcle un?

Attached Files
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Just checked the link out above. I love it when I catch a pair of slugs "at it".

a) they went out happy
                            b) I saved my garden from hundreds more

Comment

I still think that video is beautiful and quite moving. Leopard Slug Mating - YouTube

Comment

*sharpens his slug scissors*

Brings a whole new meaning to 'the snip'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X