I still can't stand them but ..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still can't stand them but ..

I've just seen a Leopard Slug. I hate slugs, but I've never seen a Leopard Slug and they are just a teeny bit more attractive in a weird kind of way. Just wanted to tell somebody
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

a very very very weird sort of way......
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Granted Jardiniere, but I just hadn't the heart to cut it in half. Wouldn't have hesitated had it been the usual big ugly thing.

Comment

YEEEEEEUUUUUUCCCHHHH! Shut up about them, I can't stand the chuffin' things!

Especially the big fat creamy orange ones with the orange frill.

*Pukes...
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Flo, according to this they don't eat living plants but do eat other slugs! Leopard Slug | OPAL

(just don't click on the fourth image result that comes up when you Google "leopard slug". bleeeeeeeeuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
          March is the new winter.

Comment

Had to click on it. Looks like something you'd hang on the xmas tree... in a weird kind of way.
            A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Did you watch the video with Sir David spotted leopard slug courtship
              Its actually quite beautiful although the sound effects were a bit much
              And who would have thought that the slug's thingy is behind its head

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                I just hadn't the heart to cut it in half.
                Lucky really when it's doing you a favour

Comment

I did read that they eat other slugs. I should have put it in one of the daleks, never thought. I also read that they are voracious veg plant eaters just like their cousins. Oh well, it's sloped off now anyway.

Comment

I'm afraid I was in a killing frenzy last night ~ I dispatched several leopards along with 1049 of their brethren.

I won't salt any more leopards though, if they're really on my side
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It's not like you went and took photos of them...

I only have a few photos of slugs. I think they were leopard slugs too.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Did you watch the video with Sir David spotted leopard slug courtship
                        Its actually quite beautiful although the sound effects were a bit much
                        And who would have thought that the slug's thingy is behind its head
                        Videos of slug, ahem, courtship were more than I could stomach last night. Urk.
                        March is the new winter.

Comment

Originally posted by eirish View Post
                          Videos of slug, ahem, courtship were more than I could stomach last night. Urk.
                          Watch it eirish! I guarantee you'll feel differently about them afterwards. Just as I can never bear to separate 2 snails when I catch them at it!! After all, everything is entitled to its moment of happiness
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 19-06-2012, 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Oh, I feel quite guilty now- Lots of leopard slugs were all over my kitchen floor(how did they get in??!!!!) in the middle of the night when I went to get a glass of water. i poured salt on each one.......looked like the dog had had several little accidents in the morning....

Comment

Cannibals they may be, but I'm not convinced they will stay away from young veg plants! As for the mating ritual - eeeewwwww

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X