Frogspawn anyone????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparhawk View Post
    It could transfer diseases & border on being against the law...

I got it banned on our local freecycle...

Oh & overcrowding shouldn't be a problem, canibalisticly anyway...
    Tell us more...we're always keen to understand!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Apparently there are 2 problems on the go at the moment - transfer of invasive water plants and also a virus affecting frogs
      Wildlife Extra News - Don’t Collect or Move Frogspawn – Disease and Invasive Species Spread.
      Interestingly they have found that eye drops are one treatment!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

After I questioned the fact that there were several adverts on freecycle advertising pond bits, I got in touch with the admin team & questioned it, I asked them to seek further advice from the "ponds people" & this is what was posted as a consequence:

"It is the case that tadpoles, frogspawn and other creatures should not be moved from pond to pond. By moving creatures or plants around people could inadvertently spread disease or pest species. Once a pest, or problem, is introduced there is little that can be done to correct the situation. It is impossible to tell by looking if creatures are in good health.

People seeking to create wildlife ponds should contact .............., who run free Pond Warden training events.

In the meantime never move creatures or plants around - you will be harming the ecology of the planet rather than helping it - you may also be breaking the law...

signed.............

So I've put his advice out as an Admin message and we will no longer allow messages asking for or offering pond life. Thanks ever so much for bringing this to our attention

best wishes

IWFreecycle moderating team"
        Last edited by sparhawk; 07-03-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X