frogs in greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frogs in greenhouse

earlier today OH and I had a clearing out session in the greenhouse and disturbed a "colony" of frogs hibernating under the flooring (old roofing felt). We tried not to disturb their slumber but they all went to hide elsewhere... will they be able to return to their sleep without too much harm or have i just caused problems?

I'm sure they'll be fine- so long as it's not too tidy in there and they've got somewhere to hide under!!
    They will be needing access to the garden soon though to hunt for food.
    Are you sure they are frogs? toads are nocturnal and frogs will come out at anytime as far as I recall- so opening the door a little at night will let them both go out to feed. ...but do you have plants in there already???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I don't know about your frogs, but I've had a toad staying with me for the last 2 seasons, he's usually under some old pots I have stored at the back of the compost bin...I'm hoping he's still with me, he scoffed lots of slugs last year.....He was a very fat toad when he went into hibernation.

Comment

they are frogs, i`m sure of that. there are about two dozen of em, various sizes, and there is plenty of gaps to get in and out through. as for plants, just a few pepper and chilli stalks i`m attempting to overwinter in there.

Comment

Two dozen????

Wow- that's fantastic!! Lucky you!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I assume that someone in the neighbourhood has a pond although i dont know who. I have occasionally seen frogs in the garden over the past couple of years although only one or two at a time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X