Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news!

BBC News - Council makes bee support pledge in Newcastle

Always fancied being an apiarist..........now I've got no excuses!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Great, I'll shove this report under the noses of the lotty committee and see what they say. Bet the answer's NO! Really fancy the white cover-up and mask thing you see bee-keepers wearing but neighbours would probably think there was some sort of bio-hazard and start panicking.

Comment

Originally posted by northmaid View Post
      Great, I'll shove this report under the noses of the lotty committee and see what they say. Bet the answer's NO! Really fancy the white cover-up and mask thing you see bee-keepers wearing but neighbours would probably think there was some sort of bio-hazard and start panicking.
      Very 'fetching' attire I reckon northmaid!
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if all councils would make similar commitments to bees.

Comment

"City councillors agreed to open up council sites and land to beekeepers and plant more wallflowers"

did they mean wallflowers, or wild flowers?

anyhoo, we can all plant more flowers, we don't need the council to do it for us: guerilla gardening
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

.................anyhoo, we can all plant more flowers, we don't need the council to do it for us: guerilla gardening
            *Has visions of TS creeping around with camo gear on and a seed firing rifle in hand...............*

Diversify & prosper

Comment

don't laugh, I'm going to!
              I have a few trays of spare plants (hardy geraniums etc) that I don't want (cos they're pink) so I'm going to plant them on some waste ground in the dead of night.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Watch you don't get stung with a fine Two Sheds for damaging council property!
                I think Manchester Council should take their lead from this story, their symbol is a bee!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

i start a beekeeping course on 28th jan - soooo excited...cant wait to have my own honey, not to mentioned top quality fruit and veg with all these wee pollinators living in the same place as my veg!

Comment

Our lottie site is going to allow one of the tenants to keep bees on her plot - guess who has volunteered to help, hoping to learn!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X