No announcement yet.

chick id and help please!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a chat with a dove breeder at work and he has identified and given care advice. It is a Pigeon chick. About 3 weeks old. Apparently their beaks are flat when they are that young. Thanks everyone, will keep you updated. It was still alive this morning.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Glad to read you have an ID and advice RT. I guess a pigeon it might stay tame if you hand rear it?
      Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 10-09-2009, 08:26 AM.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Going to rear it with the chicks when they hatch... should be interesting to see what happens, am worried about my cats though

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

Have you got a wildlife rescue centre near you? They would care for it and know how to send it on it's way when the time comes.
          Baby birds do become attatched and if you have cats you may have a tragedy.

Comment

Pigeon! wow would not have guessed that. crumbs I was going for moorhen/coot
            Good luck and please keep us posted.

Comment

Will do Headfry maybe I should rename this thread Twitter...

Comment

well,it certainly had us all beat,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Glad you've found out what it is - how are you going to create 'milk' for it?
                  The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Bladdy Pigeons RT - feed it to the Cat!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
                      Glad you've found out what it is - how are you going to create 'milk' for it?
                      Apparently you blitz chicken mixed corn mix with water and cornflour to make a paste

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      Bladdy Pigeons RT - feed it to the Cat!
                      Never argue with a preggie missus

Comment

Hahahahahah Pigeon hahahahahahahah

I spent AGES wondering and comparing this n that!! Tehe!!

Right to be worried about the cats. I rescued a duckling from one of the neighbourhood moggies at mums. Got it almost grown up and then her bladdy dog had it for lunch one day - didn't see that one coming

Comment

after managing to get it to drink and eat etc, the wounds got worse and it passed away last night

Comment

ho dear rt,i know it was just a pigeon,but,hope DW if not to upset,at least you tried,and thats what counts mate
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Been away Fri/Sat - only just seen this. Sorry to hear you lost it.
                              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Thanks Terry and Belle I'll pass on your thoughts to the OH too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X