No announcement yet.

help - poorly hedgehog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently rat poison is killing a lot of our hedgehogs BBC NEWS | UK | England | Bristol | Hedgehogs killed by rat poison
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      apparently rat poison is killing a lot of our hedgehogs BBC NEWS | UK | England | Bristol | Hedgehogs killed by rat poison
      Slug pellets are, I am told by the dear man at Prickly Ball Farm, the biggest killer of hedgehogs.

Comment

We had one on the patio outside the front door last week, luckily the dogs didn't see him/her when we let them out. Gardening gloves on, hoggy moved to back garden. So cute when they just peek out of their ball.

Comment

we have a few that are outside our door every night. I love them. I wanted to get them a hedgehog box but OH says that was abit much!! I checkmost nights and they are usually there. Wanna see one curl into a ball though as they never do. We must have tame ones hehe
          http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Jax - as far as I know they'll only curl up when threatened (possibly asleep too, but I've never seen one asleep).

I recently saw a hedgehog in the middle of a main road as we turned off it - I got the driver to stop, piled out of the car and ran into the road (red light) to stop the cars pulling away. That thing had NO problem on the sharpness front. I was left with holes in my hands! I got it into the nearest garden in the direction it was heading and went back about my evening.

I couldn't agree more on the "cute" front though. Absolutely lovely creatures and when they poke their face out of the ball to see if they are safe... now I'm not a soppy sort about animals, and I'll be the last person to project human emotions onto them... but it's just heartwarmingly cute! It's making me smile now just thinking about it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X