No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen?????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've still only had the one, that seems to have gone now and left no babies. And i have a fast food restaurant in my garden....the faster i kill the greenfly, the faster it breeds... god dam little.......creatures.

Comment

I was on a site visit yesterday to a walled garden which was overgrown with nettles and bramble. There were so many ladybirds around, from larvae to pupae to adults. I was so tempted to put some in my lunchbox to take home to release in my garden. Is that a bad thing?

Would it be cruel to catch ladybirds on my evening walk and relocate them to my garden? I guess they could always leave if they don't like it...
      http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

So pleased.....!
        Spotted my first ladybird of the year 2 days ago and carefully relocated it from the aphid free runner beans to the totally invaded cherry tree. It rushed happily into a curly leaf and started munching.
        Today I went out and discovered 2 ladybirds together on the cherry tree. I do hope they managed to makle lots of little ladybirds. I was starting to despair for the poor tree

Comment

Quick up date, i've just been decatterpiling my veg and come across some ladybird larvae, munshing through a "BIG" clump of green fly, so i'm chuffed that i've finally got some ladybirds in my garden

Comment

saw one today! what to do the larvae look like? not seen many at all though
            "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

I saw a whole field full of them when I was out togging one day. I returned the next day to find them all combine- harvested It was a sad moment I'll admit. That was in late may.
              Last edited by New_Bud; 04-07-2009, 04:57 PM.
              "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

Quite a number of ladybugs overwintered in the garden and appeared in a mild spell, late winter, but have not seen any since then. It was the same with hoverflies, but glory be - several appeared in the garden yesterday, so I hope some ladybugs might wing there way in shortly. I would like to see some wasps as well as they are super nasty-munchers, but they, too, have not put in an appearance this year. I was worried about the lack of bees, but we have hundreds in the garden now.

Comment

I've got ladybirds, hoverflies and loads of bees. Not too many greenfly yet, but loads of blackfly on the dahlias and broadbeans.

Comment

none here, but a ridiculous amount of white/green fly, everywhere, its like the garden is over run by them,

Comment

Orange ladybirf

I'm chuffed to bits, I have seen loads of larvae crawling through my spuds and carrots. Now they are quite happilly pupating on my cabbage netting. I was just coming out of greenhouse when I spotted 1 I had never seen before it was orange so I googled it and indeed it is an orange ladybird! I tried to take a photo but not too good I am afraid.
                      Attached Files

Comment

WOW, look what landed on me this morning......she's a big girl, picky not brill, i have a ladybird..ye ha

Comment

seen a fair few on our lottie these past few days but I also have installed a ladybird/lacewing house to attract them.
                          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

WOW...I have 2 babys, how cool's that...and i've given them names....Bill & Ben... well they are in the garden!!

Comment

Aw congrats ginger, we've got loads down t'lotment, which makes weeding take twice as long, only seen a couple of adults at home though, no babies either. But at least the aphid population seems to have returned to more normal levels.

Comment

Ladybirds

Got loads of different species at work.
                                All stages of growth as well, mind you we have plenty of Aphids for them.!
                                Attached Files
                                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X