No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen?????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to think of it, not seen any at all hardly, maybe the odd one, but that's all.

Comment

Have given in on waiting and ordered some larvae - there has been one larva and one ladybird (also non red, strangely) so far since the swarms of greenfly and blackfly, and my beans are suffering quite a lot at the moment! With that and the lack of bees we're not doing so well in the veggie garden this year!

Comment

None here either, but no aphids either (yet).
        Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Found a 16 spot ladybird on Sunday in the garden! Orange background with white spots. Never seen one like that before

Comment

lots on my lottie - I noticed them today - I know they eat aphids, so am wondering whether I have lots of those as I choose not to spray...
            How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Seen loads down t'lottment, some larvae on strawberries too bless them. Seen the adults crawling across bare patches of earth, not sure why they were there and not on foliage but there were two lots of mating ones, one couple was just wandering around the other two were hard at it, funniest thing I ever saw, tiny ladybird thrusting away rapidly

As for at home ,we have swarms of greenfly and the wee aphids are procreating faster than we can squish them and yes you guessed it - no ladybirds until gasp yesterday. I saw one, so tried to introduce it to all the aphids on the strawbs but it just flew off on to the grass. Must have been full.

Comment

I really hadn't thought about it much, I did see a couple earlier on in the year. But I haven't seen any for ages.
                Loads of aphids/greenfly here as well.
                "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

One of my cherry trees is suffering from black fly and I didn't want to spray just in case and this morning they've arrived, eight ladybirds of all descriptions on the cherry tree so I'll let them get on with it.
                  Sue

Comment

I've seen loads, normally landig in my hair or something.

I was considering buying some to get rid of my greenfly, but £15 for 25 seemed a bit much. Might just bring home the ones I keep rescuing from the tubs and the office instead of setting them free outside there.

Comment

I saw a couple earlier in the Spring but none at all recently....very worrying.
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

I have a ladybird in the garden now!!!! been on one of my sunflowers since this morning enjoying the aphids!!!!!

I was going to catch it and release in my placcy greenhouse but weirdly i have no aphids in there so just gonna leave it be.

Also noticed couple of bumble bee's enjoying the sunflowers

Comment

Well ours seem to be on strike. Loads of aphids on the peas - no where else, just on them and the ladybirds/larvae insist on hanging out at the other end of the plot. I did relocate a few today but they just kept falling off and seemed disinterested in the tasty lunch awaiting them. Hm.

Comment

Haven't seen a single ladybird this year & I think I only saw one or maybe two last year, very worrying. I don't use any chemicals & have a ladybird house & a garden full of aphids they could munch their way through but there definitely seems to be a shortage around here.
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I don't spray either and have only seen two larvae and one adult (the adult was a yellow one just passing through. I tried to catch it and put it on my roses but it didn't want to know). I think the larvae were harlequins.

I've just squashed absolutely loads and loads of aphids on my strawberries and roses.
                              Singleton Allotments Society
                              Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

Having said earlier that I have seen none, I have counted 11 on my euphorbia but it does seem to have a decent covering of white fly!!
                                AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X