Young leveret

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young leveret

I just went to collect some French beans…and out dashed a young hare….presumably the very one which ate most of our strawberries.

And yes…there were plenty of half eaten beans

Still, it’s worth losing some of the crop No time for a photo I’m afraid.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

What a lovely thing to see.

We feel the same way about crop loss to birds (although we have to net some stuff to protect from pigeons). We lost all of the first tayberries & loganberries along with quite a few strawberries to thirsty birds in the hot spell here but figure they needed them more than we did. Hopefully as the plants will be more established next year we'll have more to share.

OH managed to get a pic of a mother blackbird & her youngster enjoying our loganberry back at the beginning of July. The little one couldn't negotiate landing on the frame we have them climbing up so mum was dropping them down to the ground. He couldn't quite catch them well but you can just about see them waiting patiently on the attached

Comment

As I don't want to hijack your thread (or want to suggest I think a hare is a bird lol): here's a cute pic of a baby one I found online x

Comment

This one wasn’t much bigger than that! Hopefully it’s from a second litter. ( Is that the word????)

Comment

I believe litter is the word

Yours could definitely be from a later litter. Don't worry though - Hares are a bit hardier than rabbits I reckon & keep having litters for longer I think, like right up to the end of September-ish

Comment

Had to chuckle at your baby blackbird! - so sweet! …any babies ( apart from slugs, snails and mice….(wild boar, deer and badgers) oh and young pheasant and pigeons) are welcome at our buffet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X