No announcement yet.

Wasp Stings - avoid 31 July

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL........that's my birthday! I'll definitely be careful then!

Comment

Got the beginnings of a wasp nest over my back door ( i think), no stings yet, but i'll make sure the pest control guy is here before July 31st or i'll be staying in all day!!
      Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

so, did anyone get stung yesterday?

(I got bitten twice by midgy things)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Nope no stings here!

Comment

nope, i stayed in the house all day

Comment

Only just read this - I got stung on 30th July by a wasp - the second time in my life...

Nasty little divil was hiding on a weed that I tried to pull up... GRRR

Comment

No, but then it bucketed down all day here so they probably stayed home.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Got stung saturday last, clearing a spent bed

I thought it was a nettle sting to begin with(we grow very mean nettles) but my hand swelled up and was painful for a couple of days. I suspect it was a bee - so much more painful than the wasp sting I had a few years ago.

Comment

Just found this thread, I got stung by I don't know what Thursday night (31st) on the corner of my eye, swollen up but now easing off.

Comment

This last week has been really bad for stings. Whatever it is, it's leaving behind a little thorn and a pretty big mark.

Comment

Sorry to drag this thread up but just joined the forum. I've been stung twice by wasps both times on my ears for some reason. I don't have a bad reaction but as soon as I get stung I rub lots of Anthistan cream in and that stops it swelling up and the pain goes away very quickly. Needs applying within 30-60 seconds for best results. My wife always has a tube of Anthistan in her handbag (especially when abroad) as she gets bad reactions to mossie bites.
                        Can be bought from any pharmacy.
                        Of course it will do no good if you get an anaphylactic shock from stings.

Comment

I've noticed loads of pesky wasps in the last fortnight. I've set up a wasp trap on our patio table... just a glass of lager with foil over the top and a hole pierced in the foil (with a pencil).

the wasps get in, can't get back out, and drown. There's 6 bodies bobbing around in that lager right now

Comment

I grow Carnivorous Plants (hence my forum name) and they catch loads of flies and wasps but the wasps usually eat their way out leaving escape holes for other flies. My avatar picture shows a wasp in mid escape, although this was a very nice looking wasp and not the usual common stinging type, so I didn't mind.

Comment

a bu***r had me 3 weeks ago,top of the arm at the back,right in the soft bit,geess,passenger,m27,nearly missed our turn of,i am navigator,thank goodness for a tube of HC45 cream, am never without it.
                              Last edited by lottie dolly; 28-08-2008, 08:50 AM.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've resurrected this thread because we are in high wasp season ... the last few days of July.
                                I've trapped at least 20 in my little back garden since the weekend, and now they're coming in the house too! Nasty little beggars (I don't kill anything if I can help it, but they are really aggressive & persistent at the moment)
                                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 29-07-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X