stung into submission

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWSmith View Post
    When it comes to stings please keep in mind that one can become deathly allergic at any time. I've kept bees for several years yet I keep epi pens around just in case of an allergic reaction to a sting. All of my reactions have been very minor so far but please be prepared.
    Were you prescribed epi-pens?

Comment

Originally posted by DWSmith View Post
      When it comes to stings please keep in mind that one can become deathly allergic at any time. I've kept bees for several years yet I keep epi pens around just in case of an allergic reaction to a sting. All of my reactions have been very minor so far but please be prepared.
      Our local doctors will not issue epi-pens unless you are undergoing treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
        Our local doctors will not issue epi-pens unless you are undergoing treatment.
        I have been able to get them by telling my doctors that I'm a beekeeper and want one just in case. Now with the prices of epi pens being so outrageously expensive (at least here) I can't afford to keep one around just in case. I have 2 sets of unused but expired epi pens that were purchased before the prices went crazy.

What one of my friends did when one of his colonies attacked him, he drank a children's size bottle of Benadryl and went to the emergency room. No real problems from the 37 stings (nor the amount of Benadryl). I need to make sure my bottle of Benadryl is still good.
        Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Have you seen Mike Palmer's short video on the importance of getting stung? I think he may well have something there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0QB96RrGdM
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the link Mothhawk!

All this talk of stings and I got my first sting of the season last night. I'm sure it won't be the last sting of the season. The little gal got me while I was behind the hive. Nearly no reaction to the sting. I didn't have on my garb so it was my fault but behind the hive is usually as safe as it gets.
            Nutter's Club member.

Comment

I'm on my 9th sting of the season so far..

Edit: Saturday 5pm

Make that 15th.. 6 stings at Association Apiary in quick succession forced me to put vinyls on.. it was cold and the hive was grumpy..One hit a vein - it hurt!
              Last edited by Madasafish; 29-04-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X