Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if you don’t want to eat anything from the garden anymore, it would still be good to do what you can to deter them from coming. It’s pretty galling to have the neighbourhood cats enjoying your garden more than you do. Since I cleared the beds -and not filled them with anything- they have become toilets for two cats I’d never even seen before. I only half heartedly chase them away because it wasn’t too long ago that we had rats in the garden who had made their home in the next door neighbours compost bin. I’ll take cats over rats all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      It's the poo and wee from wildlife-like rats-which would concern me more.
      Just because you haven't seen a rat doesn't mean they don't go in your garden.

As far as cats go, you just need to make your own garden not as 'user friendly' as your other neighbours....in the opposite way you would perhaps try to do to encourage birds or hedgehogs.

You can compost cat/dog poo specifically for the non edible plants in your garden....did you know that?
      Have to respectfully disagree Nicos and others may do it but it’s widely known the toxicity of the poo. Toxoplasmosis Is not something I’m going to be messing with. Google it for available info how toxic cat poo is. Maybe. You disagree but there’s no way I’m going down that road but thanks for the suggestion, we really are demoralised by it.

Can I just say to everyone on here, we can deal with a few cats but this is literally an epidemic of cats that have appeared in our neighbourhood in the last month. I’ve counted 9 separate ones and my wife reckons there’s at least double that. It’s definitely a cat hoarder that’s move in somewhere here, it’s utterly rediculous and I’m wondering what their house must look like! There’s just too many.

Kind Regards.............Rob
      Last edited by Dynamite; 19-05-2018, 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Your GH should be "safe" so concentrate on that, perhaps. Its surprising how much you can grow year round in a GH.
        Yes that’s true VC, our greenhouse is fine at least thanks.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Chin up Rob, another GH would be nice.
          Perhaps you can persuade Mrs Rob that that's the solution!

Re all the cats, are your neighbours having problems too?

Comment

If you are interested in another GH keep an eye out on Freecycle and Gumtree.

Comment

I think Rob has made his point so I going to close the thread. Please let us know if you find a gardening solution Rob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X